Ch. 4 Embarrassment

I know I haven't updated in a long time and I apologize.

------------------------------------------

Chapter 4 - Embarrassment

------------------------------------------

My eyes widened as she continued to stare at us, and what I had just done dawned on me. I swiveled my head back to face Dante, who had a smirk forming on his face as he loomed over me and stared back at the brown haired lady. I felt my face becoming red and squealed while kicking Dante in the face and knocking him off the couch.

"Ouch!" He leaned up from the floor and held his face. The brown haired lady then burst out laughing.

"Wow!" Began the lady. "The big playboy Dante is finally getting rejected. I think I'm going to like you." She finished pointing at me.

"She was more than willing just a second ago." Dante said as he got up from the floor, rubbing his nose. My face heated up in anger. I kicked him in between his legs, sending him toppling back to the floor.

"You seduced me, you bastard!" I shouted and stood up from the couch. I started stomping on his stomach and believe me, he has a nice stomach but, I was too angry to care at the moment.

"Hey now, calm down." He tried to reason with me.

"Don't tell me to calm down! You pervert! You man whore!" I continued to spit insults at him as I stomped on him repeatedly. A loud laugh had me pause in my actions and look towards the sound.

"Yep. That's Dante for you." The lady laughed. "You might want to put some clothes on." She said when she was done with her laughing fit. I looked down at myself before squealing again and grabbing my clothes from the floor. I threw them on and walked to stand over by the lady.

She turned towards me, extending her hand for me to shake. "Hey. The names Lady." She introduced.

"Bentley." I said, shaking her hand.

"You have a boys name." Dante said as he walked over. Lady put her hands on her hips as I put my head down, letting my hair fall in my face.

"Dante, that's rude!" She scolded.

"It can be a girls name too." I said shyly, keeping my head down.

"I guess." He said with a shrug, which earned a slap in the face from Lady.

"Ow! Why are women hitting me today?!" He questioned nobody in particular and rubbed his cheek. Lady sighed from next to me and got a serious look on her face.

"Anyway, I didn't come here to socialize. Word spreads around fast when you do our type of work and I heard there was another demon attack last night, near some bar." She finished. "And if I really think about it, it makes sense that it would choose a bar." Dante started waving his hands around, trying to signal Lady to shut up. "I mean with all the weak intoxicated, depressed, loners that go there; they're easy targets." She finished and Dante slapped a hand to his face. "What?" She said and Dante pointed at me. A look of realization came across her face. "Oooh, it was her wasn't it?"

"Yea it was." Dante stated.

I'm the one it attacked. Am I weak? Tears started forming in my eyes. It attacked me because I was an easy target? No! It didn't! And with that I put on a determined face.

"Wait hold on. Before you showed up and saved me, it said that I'm 'his mate'; but I don't know who it was talking about. It didn't tell me whose mate I was." I said. Dante raised his eyebrows, while Lady narrowed her eyes. She put a finger to her chin as she thought.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" She asked Dante and started dragging him out the door without giving him time to answer. Once they were outside, I started looking around.

-\/-\/-

Dante's POV

-\/-\/-

"Have you ever heard of Demons having mates?" Lady asked me as we stood outside. Is she trying to say that Bentley is my mate? I raised an eyebrow at her.

"No." I said bluntly and licked my lips. My demon has been harder to control lately. And this may sound creepy but Bentley had the best fucking scent I've ever smelt. And her body, damn if Lady wouldn't of came in I would've eaten Bentley all day. Her arousal smelt so good and tasted even better. I licked my lips again, still being able to taste her on my tounge. Damn I'm so horny right now.

"Dante? Are you listening?" Lady said. I must of zoned out.

"What?" I asked.

"I was just saying that I think she's your mate." She said casually. No she can't be. Demons don't have mates.

"How can she be my mate? Demons don't have mates." I said.

"But your not really a full demon, are you... half breed. Your different and for a reason that god only knows, you were given a mate." She said. Damn it, I have nothing to say.

"Look, your in denial." She said.

"You really can't expect me to believe that I have a mate." I replied. Lady sighed.

"She has to stay with you until we figure this out, so I guess we'll find out soon." She said. I shrugged. Then what she finally said dawned on me.

"We? As in we figure this out together? No way." I said shaking my head.

"Yes way. I'm not leaving my new friend in your care. Now it's getting late and I have things I have to do. And you have to discuss her new living arrangements with her, I know you haven't already done it." She said. Damn this woman. I rolled my eyes and started walking back inside. This is going to be hell.

------------------------------------------

I updated!!!

Vote and comment please!!!

And the same rules apply.