"She's my Queen too, you know," Lorcan replied. Aelin snorted, "Glad to see that you love me again Lorcan." Lorcan glared at Aelin. 

"Don't worry," Manon said, "I will make sure that he doesn't fuck everything up." Elide gave a slight hum in approval. Lorcan was glaring at Manon, his eyes saying, You really think you can stop me from doing anything?  Manon gave a wicked grin back, saying You and me, in the ring, any day. Dorian muttered to himself, "How have they not killed each other yet?"

"I'm sorry, but we don't really have time for this. I have already warned our people to stay inside and move further inlands. But we need to rally any armies, and suite up," Rhysand said. Aelin assumed that he used his mind powers--or something--to warn his people. As Aelin still wasn't quite sure of everything that beautiful face could do.  

"Of course," Aelin stated. "Got any armor?"

Within 30 minutes, Cassian left to round up any nearby soldiers. Mor had taken Aelin and her friend's to the armory, and suited them up. In no time, word was sent out to the other High Lords that Velaris was under attack.

"Are you ready Fireheart?" Rowan asked, right before Mor winnowed them back to manor, so they could talk battle strategy.

"As ready, as I will ever be," Aelin replied. Aelin's court and Feyre's inner circle all stood around a circular table, with a map of Velaris spread out.

"There's only going to be 1,500 soldiers from our side, by the time they get here. It's going to take too long for anyone else to get ready, and to travel to Velaris," Cassian stated. For the next 20 minutes they talked about battle strategy, and who was going where. Azriel, Lysandra, Aedion, and Rhysand would take the western side. Cassian, Manon, Lucien, Lorcan, and Dorian would guard the center of the city. While Aelin, Rowan, Fenrys, and Mor, would take the western side. Amren, Feyre, and Chaol would stay at headquarters overseeing everything. While Elain, Nesta, and Yrene helped with the healers. Elide had already gone back, to Terrasen at this point. While Chaol insisted on coming back to Velaris, to be with his wife. Chaol, promising Dorian, that he would return to Adarlan as soon as the battle was over. 

"Now that we all know our positions. We should go to our cavalry's and start preparing them for what they face," Cassian stated. Everyone gave a nod in agreement, before they were winnowed away. Aelin learned that day, that Fenrys teleporting was called winnowing. In her world, Fenrys could only winnow short distances, but here--for some unexplained reason--Fenrys winnowing was as powerful as the rest.

Mor took them to the western side of the city, where an assortment of 500 Fae stood. Only some of them being Illyrian. 

"Look, as much as I would love to see you boss these guys around," Mor told Aelin and Rowan. "But they hardly listen to me to begin with. Never mind someone who is from a different world, and that we have known for three days."

"I understand," was all Aelin said. Aelin looked out across the horizon to see several ships sailing towards them. Aelin, Rowan, Fenrys, and Mor all boarded a ship. And then set sail into the sea, where the battle would begin. The odds were in their favor, but the idea of Maeve being here unsettled everyone. Especially after what happened last time, when Maeve showed up with a bunch of ships, ready to right.

"This time we are staying together," Rowan said to Aelin. Aelin pulled him in for a kiss.

"To whatever end," Aelin responded. Last night they talked about their new allies. They were hiding stuff and so were they. Aelin probably left out more than they did when they were sharing each other's stories. While, Feyre talked about the death of her father, and other touching moments. Aelin failed to mention Sam's or Nehmia's death. She also didn't elaborate much on the death of The Thirteen or of Gavriel or explain how Connal died. And none of her court blamed her, when she didn't mention that she was captured by Maeve for two months.

Going up against Maeve frightened Aelin to the core. They barely beat her last time, and it had come at a steep cost. It wouldn't be like last time, Aelin thought to herself in reassurance. The sound of the Cadre's screaming still haunted her. Lorcan never told Aelin what Maeve showed him, and she never asked. While Fenrys and Rowan told her what they saw a few weeks later.

"On a scale of 1-10 how powerful is your magic?" Mor asked, eyes still on the ships that were getting closer.

"Uhh... as of now 3 maybe," responded Aelin. "What about your mate and Lorcan?" Mor questioned, as she barked orders to Fae soldiers.

" Both probably a 10 ," Aelin replied. "Why?"

"I want to know how big of a punch we can make against them," Mor stated.

"What, do you think this is going to be over quickly?" Aelin questioned.

"Not necessarily, but I wouldn't be surprised if Azriel and Rhys finished up quickly on their side, and then come over here to help us," Mor stated.

"And why is that?" Rowan asked, apparently paying attention to their conversation the entire time. Mor flashed him a smile. "Because on a scale of 1-10, Rhys is a 100. Also...did Azriel ever figure out where Maeve's ship went?" Mor questioned.

"Azriel claimed that it had vanished, and no one knows where she is," Rowan said. Worry flashed in Aelin's eyes. "Don't worry Fireheart. Everyone that we care about is protected, and whatever happens we will face it together." Aelin looked at Rowan, and kissed him. From across the waves, Aelin could vaguely hear shouts. Dark magic flared, as Rhysand's battalion were the first to make contact with Maeve's army. Why would they attack the city, home to a High Lady and Lord, with so few soldiers, Aelin managed to think to herself, before a sea dragon rose from the ocean, by Rhysand's army.

"Shit," Mor said, as she unsheathed her sword. "Shit, shit, shit. What the fuck is that?"

"That would be Lysandra," Aelin said, as the sea dragon dived underwater, no doubt planning on destroying a few ships. Mor had a look of confusion on her face until Aelin said, "Remember. Shape shifter. A powerful one to say the least."

"I have never seen anything like this. I don't even know if fucking Tamlin could do something like this?" Mor said in disbelief. A soldier came up to Mor, saying that the archers were almost in range to fire. Mor gave the command to fire once they were.

"How good is your shot?" Mor asked Aelin.

"I don't miss," Aelin responded, thinking back to how Nesyrn said the same thing to her. Nesyrn was now queen of the southern continent, with Sartaq as her husband. Aelin attended several weddings in the past two years. Being on good terms with basically every royal family did have it's advantages. Aelin could travel to any kingdom she wanted, and could travel the world if she wished. It certainly also helped trade negotiations.

"Good," Mor replied, as she handed her a bow. Arrows began to rain down, as magic shields went into place. Everyone ducking for cover. The arrows stopped and Mor bellowed, "Pick your targets." Arrows flew hitting Fae aboard the other ships. Aelin made a perfect shot, Lorcan and Rowan doing the same. There was magic in the air, and Aelin could tell that Rowan was using magic to take out Fae.

Across the waves, Aelin could see Dorians ice. Along with a dark sort of magic, most likely from Rhys or Azriel. Lysandra emerged from under a ship wrecking it in two. Aelin smiled as they continued to reign hell on the enemy. 

------------------------