Men Vanished by Midnight

Max's POV-
    Jason came back from upstairs, and by the way he looked, even I was nervous. "We have to find Cory, now. He ran off into the forest with flaming black eyes, anything could be happening to him right now." He explained, grabbing all of our attention. "We can't just go rushing out there though. Who knows what might happen, Jason? We need to figure out some sort of plan." Jess responded, nervous as well but maintaining her level-headedness. Fortunate in solving the dispute, but not so fortunate for our situation, two things were teleported onto the table. Even before five seconds had passed I recognized one item, which was enough to predict the severity of the situation. It was Cory's necklace and a cloth of some kind. Shelby's face paled in immediate worry. Lizzie carefully picked up the cloth, examining it and detecting the smell. By her reaction and the way she immdeiatly forced it away from her, it can't be good. "What is it Lizzie?" Ashlie asked her out of fear and curiosity. I'm honestly not sure if I want an answer. "It's Chloroform. Try not to get to close to it, five minutes of that stuff could knock you unconscious for quite a while. Thankfully, Cory gave us at least enough information to piece some things together." She regrettably said. But, who would do this, why? This has to be the work of the Masterminds. But, how are we supposed to figure out where he is, much less save him? "I hate to suggest this, but we may have to split into pairs." Jason proposed. Great, we get to play with more risks, but it does make more sense to split up then stay together.

Third Person POV-
    The only lead they had was the forest, now split into five groups. Shelby was with Ross, Katrina with Nick, Adam with Alesa, Ashlie with Dawn, and Max was on his own. Of course, with only nine people in Generation 2 present, splitting into perfect pairs was virtually impossible. However, they would not be imperfect pairs for long. Soon, a figure would disappear. God only knows who took Cory, who else would be next? The question would now be answered, though it's not would they would want to hear. Max had been the first to stumble on anything informative. Shattered glass. The pace of his breath quickened as he analyzed what was before him. He needed to call to someone, anyone! Before he could utter a word, a figure unlike the last put his hand over Max's eyes and mouth, the world fading from the light...

Ashlie's POV-
    My senses flamed as I sensed something nearby, someone used magic, and it wasn't one I could recognize. "What's wrong Ashlie?" Dawn asked, looking over at me with genuine concern. "Someone used magic nearby us, but it wasn't one I could recognize, which means it wasn't an Elemental." I replied. He suggested we head for the source of the magic, which seems a bit dangerous, but it's the only hope we have right now. About half a mile of running later, we stumbled upon something that made me sick to my stomach. Burn marks littered the ground. What was weird was the phrases that littered the ground. "Who is this? What do I do?!?!" "The shattered glass must be..." "The world is fading, I have to do something, anything!" It seemed like internal thoughts laid among the burn marks. "Ah, I see you have found our work." An unfamiliar figure said, inside the shadows. "What have you done with Cory and Max?" Dawn yelled back at them. I didn't take him as the type to get angry, but here we are. "The same we will do with you." She replied. "Dawn, run!" I yelled, shooting magic at our attacker, but she reached Dawn first, vanishing along with him. "I need to get to the others." I muttered to myself, running back towards the cabin...

Adam's POV-
    Alesa and I heard a short scream behind us. "Adam, the others!" Alesa yelled. I nodded without hesitation as I ran with Alesa toward the screams origins. Code lined the ground, though I could recognize, smiles in the code? It was super confusing, but it can't be a good sign. Barely visible, a figure stood within the tree. "Don't hide, come out!" Alesa yelled at the figure in question. "A hot headed chic and a kid with a protection and superiority complex, such a great fit..." They muttered, laughing to themselves. As calm as I could, I asked: "What have you done with my companions?" "Ahh, those idiots, I need them. In fact, someone with your background is useful as well, as much of an airhead as you may be." They replied. We fought amongst each other, clashing swords, but I could never get a direct look at their face. Why?! As much as I would love to say I had outsmarted him, I was snatched out of thin air, just to appear, imprisoned again... "Adam!!!"

Nick's POV-
    Katrina was frantically glancing in every direction. "They've taken Cory, Adam, Dawn and Max. You are probably next Nick." She said, with surprisingly emotionless honestly. With superb timing, we stumbled upon what almost seemed like a small star, but something's different. "This is a Nova, but what is a Nova doing here?" She questioned, observing it more closely, but refusing to touch it. I had a feeling this was supposed to be a setup, a distraction, and boy, did it pay off. "Nick, behind you!" She screamed, shooting a fire arrow at them. While that did managed to stun that one in particular, neither of us noticed the other. Of course they would send two. The first got up, disarming Katrina. Just as she managed to get free, however, the scenery vanished from view. They must have got us red-handed. At least she was able to get away.

Shelby's POV-
   The sun seemed to shine down in beams upon Ross and I as we encountered four items, all together. Shattered glass, burnt text, digital code, and a nova. The sun seemed to reflect upon all of them as individuals. "Ross, what if, they're all..." I asked, to shocked to finish my question. For once, Ross didn't seem as scared as usual. "Shelby, we need to head back to the cabin, see if anyone made it out, then make a plan." He suggested. With newfound determination, we placed towards the cabin to formulate a plan.

T̴̫͙̦̪̝̈́͑o̸͓̹̩̮̰̩̱̓͛͛͆̈́͑̒