A World Made Of Pain

Cory's POV-
    "Graser wasn't an unfamiliar face. I had actually known him for a while. We were even together at some point, I just can't remember how long it's been. He didn't like me at all, despite saying he did. I still don't know why he even chose to get with me in the first place. Popularity? Money? I still don't know for sure. Back then, I was blind to what he was doing to me. These..." She said, showing the scars he had show the group earlier on. "...They were a result of me realizing that what he was doing to me was wrong. I snapped at him, and he retaliated. A boyfriend isn't supposed to beat you up till your sore, not for gain, just for the heck of it. They aren't supposed to enjoy your screams of terror as they hurt the one they "loved so much" either. They aren't supposed to slap you in the face because you didn't live up to their insane expectation of you." She continued on, showing me multiple bruises on her face she had covered up. "When I was put under that torture, I was living though every second of it all, all over again. Most of all, I realized you suffered through those kinds of things every day, the demons in your head I mean, so why should my experience be important at all? I felt like I was asking for too much. I shouldn't have avoided telling anyone in the group about it, especially you, and for that I apologize. Just, don't be mad at me... Please..." She said, finishing off her statement, and tearing up slightly. I was completely caught off guard, he had done this much to her, and didn't tell anyone? The fact that a Death Elemental goes through their own demons every day made it worse for her, sense she was a Light Elemental. Light Elementals feel almost always emotions of positivity, so they have no experience with those things, causing them to not be able to find out. The fact that I had not asked about it before made me feel guilty. Her emotions were so delicate right now, and any little thing felt like it would shatter her. She looked at me, scared, yet curious, waiting for a responce. I wrapped my arms around her, and I could feel her flinch. "It's fine, Shelby. Why did you even think that I would hate you for something like that? It wasn't even your fault, it was his for being such a big jerk." I said to her. She was crying even more now, but she didn't seem to be upset, more relieved. "Thank you for understanding... I don't know how I could even..." She started, but I interrupted her. "Don't worry about it, come on, show me your beautiful smile." I said, trying to get her to cheer up a bit. She smiled ever so slightly. Before I could even think about what I was doing, I started to tickle her. She started to giggle, and the entire sad conversation had turned into a tickle war.

Ross's POV-
    I saw my cousin and Cory engaged in a tickle war. I laughed quietly to myself, praying they wouldn't notice. Thankfully, they didn't. Shelby had seemed to be in a bad mood, so I'm glad he made her feel better. I swear, they can't hide it well, because I can see the sparks flying from here. Maybe it's the power of being her cousin? Whatever it is, I'm gonna tell Jess, so she can join into the ship. I have a feeling that I don't need to tell Kitty, cause I think she knows. Not even seconds later, she appeared next to me at the doorway, stalking the perfect ship. Man, what a entertaining day this has been...