Lost, Found, But Never Forgot (Part 2)

Shelby's POV-
We are almost out of here, but there is one more room we need to pass. A note layed on the ground, so I picked it up.

Dear Shelby and Cory,
There is no one you must save. However, a riddle must be solved to make it out. Here is your riddle. 16, 06, 68, 88, ?, 98. What is the missing number?

Alright, so there is no one here to save. Wait, I thought there were supposed to capture us? Never mind, the riddle needs to be solved. After a minute of observing it, I noticed it was flipped. "78!" I said. Before either of us saw it coming, our way out was visable. "Shall we?" Cory asked, holding my hand. "We shall." I said, and we left the room.

Nick's POV-
We have one more room to solve. It seems to be a puzzle of some sort. A table was in view ahead of us, and a note was on top. Why not read it?

Dear Nick and Ashlie,
In order to free me from this place, and the true villains who have hold of me, you need to answer a riddle. Here is your riddle. This five letter word becomes shorter if you add two letters. What is that word?
Best of Luck,
Lizzie

What becomes shorter when two letters are added? That seems a bit tricky, but apparently for Ashlie it wasn't. How do I know? Because right after I finished reading to riddle, she blurted out the answer "Short!" A woman appeared in front of us as soon as she solved it. "Lizzie?" I asked, for clarification. "Yes, that is my name. We must get out of here quick, before someone notices we made it this far!" Lizzie said, then lead us out the room.

Ross's POV-
I think this is the last room we need to go through, but I'm not sure. In front of us was a random piece of paper, so I took it and started reading.

Dear Ross and Max,
There could be many theories on why we are all here, but right now, what's important is not that. It is this riddle. What can you hold in your right hand, but not in your left hand?
Sincerest Apologies,
Stephanie

Max answered the riddle before I even had the chance to think about it. "Your left hand!" A person who seemed to be very smart appeared in front of us. "Come on! If we stay in here much longer, who knows what we'll face!" She yelled, and we ran after her, out of the room.

Dawn's POV-
Kitty and I are at what seemed to be the last room before our escape. Kitty picked a note up off the ground, then handed it to me to read.

Dear Dawn and Kitty,
Your fate is sealed here. No one needs to be saved from here, for that has been done, but you still must make it out. Here is your riddle. Many have heard me, but no one has seen me and I will not speak back unless spoken to. What am I?

"An echo!" Kitty said, almost as if she solved it mid-way through me reading. The final door out opened, and we both head out to see if everyone else was alive...