Crash of the Waves

Barlow's POV-
    I am so intrigued to learn more about Nick! I don't know much about him, however, I want to see just what he is capable of. The power of Water is quite an interesting one indeed. It's associated with healing quite often, especially when regarding the fountain of youth. There is so much to learn about each of them! Every person here is their own fountain of youth, waiting for someone to drink from it and reveal it's secrets. After all, there is no person alive that lays their entire life and mistakes out in the open for anyone to see. I would be shocked to meet a person alive today that was that brutally honest. He seems like a nice kid, despite the little I know about him. He cares a lot for the people he is with, no matter what they have went through or what he could possibly not know about them. Every person is a blank slate, waiting to be filled with a beautiful picture to become their personality. Some pictures are dark and bleak, while others are shiny and sunny, but every painting is just as valid as the rest. Let me pick up my paintbrush and paint what I see before me: A caring boy who knows little of despair, nor of true peace. I will feast upon the choices that are made before my eyes until I am satisfied with what I've seen, then, I will leave to seek new choices.

Nick's POV-
    I see, so he's the person who I will be influenced by. He's quite an interesting looking holder, as he seems to have everything about himself completely figured out, which is not something I can say about myself. What is there left to know, and to learn about what I can do? I guess he is the person that will be providing me that answer today. "Hello there Nick. I am Barlow, the Forbidden Holder of Choice. You are my selection for the day, I presume you are ready to enter into your trial?" He asked me, with no hesitation. I don't know what is up with him, but he seems to know what he's doing, even if I'm not fully sure of his agenda. I am intrigued by what he possibly knows about our world or it's rules, but that is not a concern I can really press into right now. All I can do in the moment is to make sure I make it through this trial, then take down the Masterminds who have oppressed the innocent people all this time. I looked back at those who had already done their trial, trying to gain some of the confidence and power they had during their trial. I am nervous to enter the void, but I am also intrigued at what I can learn from making that choice. With a few seconds of hesitation, I enter into the beckoning void, awaiting the trial that is to challenge me.

Third Person POV-
    He was on a small island, with nothing but the nature around him and himself. Why was he in such an unfamiliar place? It seemed a mystery, but there must be something about it that is important. "Well, the only way to truly figure out what's going on here is to search for myself." He muttered to himself, then set off in search of a choice, of a purpose behind the blank slate of a place he had been taken to. What purposes in life were applicable here? Some argue that their purpose is to live for the people they care about, but none of those people are here. Others suggest to find a path that works for you, but how was he supposed to find a path in a place that had no boundaries? The island he had been stranded in was wild, not controlled, and there was no certainty of shelter or safety in this place. He had to find a way home, away from this place. However, the first goal is not to find your way home, it is to find a way to escape the situation that you're stuck in. After all, how is someone supposed to find their home when stranded on an island with nothing? It's simple, the way off of the island and into the sea is top priority. Keeping these things in mind, he had built himself a small raft out of the wood he way able to get, and had a cloth for the sail.

Nick's POV-
    Sure, now I have a way out of this place, but the real challenge is the crashing waves that lay before me. It's hard to escape storming waves that send any person in prayer of escape to their knees, underneath its blanket of nothingness. I will not let that stop me, after all, I am the Water Elemental. I can't let my own element prohibit me from moving forward. I summoned my weapon, and, with what little strength I had, started to maneuver myself and the waves in my own favor. At first, it seemed as if the ocean was trying to fight me for control of my life and purpose, but it slowly began to calm down. The stormy sky seemed to lift itself away, and the ride became a calm one. I sighed to myself, watching the waves crash into the shore of the island behind me, just barely out of view. Maybe life isn't about forcing yourself into a singular purpose, but in finding what you desire to do in the moment? I know one thing for sure, I want to beat those Masterminds at their own game. With shallow breaths, I had washed ashore back home, finally in a familiar place. Before going back, I decided to watch the water move for just a little while longer. The water will point my way, just as others have before. I will find my choices, and I will make them myself, no matter who tries to defy them.

A̵̢̛̝̝͊̇͗̈͛̀͠m̷̳̖̮̠̄̅́̓̉͐̌