Chapter 1

Note: This contains spoilers for KoA and ACOWAR. 

Aelin

It has been two years since Erawan fell. 

Two years since the world became a better world. And despite the new found peace and safety within Erilea, Aelin wasn't at peace. 

Her dreams were filled with nightmares of watching her loved ones die. Of being too late to save Nehemia, too late to save Sam, or any of the others. Aelin knows she is not the only one dealing with nightmares. 

Two years later, Aelin also finds Rowan being woken up by his own nightmares. On these nights they do nothing but hold each, as there were no words that could help either one with what they were going through.  

Feyre

Feyre looked out the windowsill and up into the night sky. 

No more Hybern, and no more walls. 

Almost four years later after King Hybern died--Fae and humans were beginning to live in peace.

 Even though there weren't many humans living in Fae cities, the ones that did could live in peace with the Fae. 

And Feyre considered that a start. 

A start of a time when Fae and humans don't fear each other, or hide from each other. 

But can live together and can laugh together.

Rhys walked up to the windowsill, putting an arm around Feyre as they both watched the stars.

A thought for a thought? Rhys asked inside Feyre's head, all readying knowing what Feyre's answer was going to be.

Still watching the stars Feyre responded out loud, "I never thought that I could be this happy. Everyone one safe and sound. No more wondering if we will be alive tomorrow, no more wondering if Fae and humans can truly live together. Don't get me wrong, it's not perfect, but it never will be perfect." 

Rhys gave a small squeeze of understanding, as he always does. He would always understand. 

Feyre leaned her head on Rhys, "Your turn." Rhys gave her a quick kiss on the top of her head.

"I never thought this could ever be my life. Having you by my side, having peace in Prythian. It is as if, everything that I allowed myself to dream about has come true," Rhys said. They continued to watch the stars in silence. Not the awkward kind of silence, but the comforting kind, knowing that they would both to hell and back for each other.

The sound of pounding on their bedroom door, disrupted their silence. Rhys and Feyre glanced at each other, already knowing who it is, before she spoke.

"I don't know what you guys are doing in there," Mor yelled through the door. "But you better get your asses downstairs now, Azriel has something he wants to tell everyone." 

Feyre sighed, as Mor stomped off, no doubt to yell at the others to meet around the table. 

Rhys muttered, "prick" as, in the distance,  Mor yelled at Cassian "to hurry the hell up." 

Cassian's loud growl in response, could be heard through out the manor.  

"What do you think it is this time?" Feyre asked Rhys, through a laugh, as they started to walk towards the door.

"I have no clue. Maybe something to do with the humans or the Illyrian bands," Rhys responded, as they walk out of the door and down stairs. Rhys cracked a smile. "Or she could just be hungry."