Chapter 22

Kaoru's p.o.v.

I slightly yawned as I sat down on a bench at the park waiting for Butch. He told me to wear my best outfit because of a surprise he was going to give me so I wore the outfit that Momoko and Miyako bought for me one time when they went to the mall: a light green blouse with no sleeves that had floral designs on them, blue skinny jeans, light green converses, and I wore a bracelet that had a buttercup design on it that I got as a gift for my birthday.

I checked my watch to see that it was almost 5:00 and he told me to meet him here before 5 but he's already late! Before I could get up, I saw a figure running in the distance toward me and I recognized Butch there because of how fast he could run since he's athletic like I am. He stopped in front of me and slightly panted with his hands on his knees and his head was down. He wore a dark green dress shirt, black pants, green dress shoes, and his hair was in its usual style.

"Sorry I was late. I had to finish up something in order for it to be perfect" he said while panting.

"And what was it that you had to finish?" I asked with curiosity.

"Your surprise duh" he slightly grinned as he stopped panting.

"By the way, what is my surprise?" I said.

"You'll have to wear this first before you see your surprise" Butch said as he brought out a blindfold from his pocket.

"Why a blindfold though? Is the surprise even good?" I slightly rolled my eyes.

"You're gonna love what it is so please put it on" he pleaded.

I sighed and grabbed the blindfold and tied it around my head to cover my eyes. I felt Butch grab my hand and lead me somewhere so I can't tell where we're going. My feet crunched against the grass so its probably around a grassy area we're going to. After walking around for a few minutes, I nearly bumped into him when he stopped.

"Why did you stop?" I asked with annoyance.

"Do me a favor and remove your blindfold" Butch said as he removed my hand.

"Finally" I untied the blindfold and when I opened my eyes, I gasped at what I saw. "N-No way"

There right in front of me is my whole family sitting down on a blanket with a picnic basket next to them. My mom was smiling at me in a gentle way, my dad had his arm around her shoulders while giving me a fatherly smile, and my brothers were grinning at me with glee.

"M-Mom? D-Dad? D-Dai? S-Shou?" I stuttered in shock.

"Its nice to see you again Kaoru-chan, we missed you so much" my mother said in a motherly tone.

"Hey kiddo its good to see you again" my dad grinned at me.

"Sis!" my brothers tackled me into a huge hug. "We missed you so much!"

"Bros" I whispered. "I missed you guys too!"

I hugged them back and felt a tear sliding down my cheek. I'm finally reunited with my family and they're all right! So thats the surprise that Butch wanted to show me, he wanted me to be with my family again. Who knew someone like him could be so sweet? Whoa whoa whoa, did I just call him sweet? Oh great, now I sound like a girly girl but why does it feel so warm and fuzzy when I call him that? Oh well, whats most important is being with my family again.

"I'll let you guys have some alone time and the Professor, his son, and the mutt are back at the lab and we forgave them for what they did so don't worry about them now because they're alright" Butch answered as he began to walk away.

"Wait a minute Butch!" I called out to him as I got up.

"What is it Kaoru?" Butch said with a confused look.

"Thank you" I replied. "Thanks for releasing my family and letting me see them. Its the best surprise ever and I loved it"

"Anything for you Kaoru-chan" he smiled as he walked away.

Maybe Butch isn't such a bad guy after all.

"So Butch is your boyfriend huh? Too bad I can't threaten him since he's the ruler of the whole world" my dad frowned.

"He's just lucky but if he ever hurts you Kaoru, we'll pummel him to death for you" Dai said in his overprotective tone.

"Thanks guys, you're the best family ever!" I smiled.

"Now that we're all reunited, why don't we have a picnic like old times sake?" my mom suggested.

"Count me in!" I exclaimed.

We all laughed and I drooled at the sight of my moms food. She made my favorite dish which was Bacon and Eggs and all other types of good food that I love so much. We all gobbled in and after we finished, I had a race with my brothers and dad while my mom cheered for all of us. This has got to be the best day ever for me and maybe I should give a thank you reward to Butch for letting me be with my family again.

Butch's p.o.v.

I was up on a huge hill sitting down on the ground cross legged and chuckling at the race that Kaoru had with her dad and brothers. I'm glad that she's finally happy and showing her true self. I've always wondered what Kaoru's true self was but now I know it. She only reveals it to her family and her best friends because they understand her better than anyone else and could easily tell that she's not just a strong tomboy but a kind-hearted loving person who likes to smile sometimes. I'm guessing that Kaoru doesn't want anyone to know her true self because of her reputation probably at school. But oh well, she'll be able to show me her true self when the right time comes.

I remember my conversation with my brother Boomer and I'm pretty sure he already did his surprise with Miyako but I wonder when Brick is going to show his surprise to Momoko? If he chickens out, I'll replace all his clothing to girly clothes and blackmail him into showing her his surprise. That would definitely sound awesome but too bad its never gonna happen since he never chickens out.

Now would you look at that, Kaoru's dad The Masked Wonder just tripped and fell with his face full of dirt. This is probably a really good day for me and its a good thing he didn't see me laughing my butt off.
_______________________
3 more to go!!!

CHECKMATE!!!!📌📌📌📌