Chapter 21

Miyako's p.o.v.

I was in my room looking through the amount of clothing I have in my closet for the perfect wear for my date with Boomer today. He asked me to wear the best outfit ever because he had a special surprise for me and when I asked him what it is, he told me that I have to be patient which made me pout a bit. I finally settled on wearing a sparkling short sleeved powdered blue dress that went past my knees, white wedges, a bit of make-up, some jewelry, and my hair was in its usual pigtails.

I checked the time to see it was almost time to go so I grabbed my purse that had my money and phone in it and went downstairs, waved good-bye to my friends, and headed out the door toward the park where he told me to meet up. When I reached there, I found Boomer sitting on one of the benches wearing a blue dress shirt, black pants, blue dress shoes, and his hair in its usual style. He saw me and waved at me happily and I waved back at him.

"Glad you could make it Miyako-chan" Boomer greeted as he kissed my cheek.

"Well I don't want to miss the surprise you were gonna give me" I slightly giggled.

"If you wanna see the surprise, first you must come with me" Boomer held his hand out.

I gently grabbed his hand and he led me toward a field full of sunflowers with a wooden bench near it that was covered in a blanket probably to protect us from the splinters it had. I noticed a table near the bench that had tea cups filled with tea, some mini sandwiches in the middle, napkins, a pot full of sugar, and small spoons.

"Whats with the table Boomer-kun?" I asked him.

"Its a surprise" Boomer winked at me.

He asked me to sat down on the wooden bench and I did.

"Now I want you to close your eyes" he said.

"How come?" I asked with curiosity.

"Because I'm going to bring in the surprise and I need you to cover your eyes until I tell you to open them so the surprise won't be ruined" he answered.

"Um okay" I said as I began to close my eyes and covered them with my hands.

I heard his footsteps walk away and came back a few minutes later with another pair of footsteps and I felt someone sitting next to me and the scent seemed oddly familiar.

"Now turn your head and open your eyes" I heard Boomer tell me.

I did what he asked me to do and when I unshielded my eyes, I gasped at who I saw sitting next to me.

"G-Grandma?" I slightly stuttered.

"Hello Miyako-chan, you've grown into a beautiful young woman now" she gently smiled at me.

I felt tears welling in my eyes and I quickly hugged her while sobbing on her chest and thanking Boomer over and over.

"Arigato Boomer for bringing my grandmother here! Arigato!" I kept thanking him while I weeped.

"I promised to free your grandmother and I did. She and the others are also free and they are now back at their homes including the Professor, Ken, and Peach since I decided to forgive them for lying to me and my brothers" Boomer explained as he smiled.

I felt my grandmother rub my back in comfort while whispering sweet words to me in a gentle voice. She smelled the scent of lavender and spring time, it reminded me so much of her and our home. I'm happy that our loved ones are now free and the Professor and the others are finally all right. Maybe the girls and I don't have to follow the plan then after all.

"I'll let you 2 have some alone time and enjoy the tea and sandwiches that I made" Boomer said as I heard him walk away.

I pulled away and wiped away my tears that nearly ruined my mascara. I gave a huge smile to my grandmother and she smiled back in a grandmotherly way.

"I missed you so much grandma! There are so many things I want to tell you about!" I said with enthusiasm.

"I missed you too dear and please tell me those things. We have plenty of time to talk about our stories" Grandma smiled.

We began talking about our stories while drinking the tea and eating the sandwiches Boomer made us and it gave off a nice atmosphere for me and my grandmother. He is so sweet for having my grandmother as the surprise and I think I'll give him a reward soon for doing this wonderful thing for me. While we chatted, I didn't notice a couple of blue butterflies flying next to each other up in the sky.

Boomer's p.o.v.

I was sitting down on the hill looking over to see Miyako having a conversation with her grandmother. I'm glad that she's happy and I will do anything to make her happy because of how much she means to me. I felt the cool breeze blowing against my hair and I saw the sunflowers moving by the breeze. I noticed a couple of blue butterflies flying around the sky almost like they were dancing.

I broke out of my train of thought when I heard my phone and I slightly groaned as I saw Butch's name on the screen.

"What Butch?" I groaned.

"Aww you're not happy to talk with your favorite brother? I'm deeply hurt" Butch said in a mocking tone.

"Just what do you want? I'm busy" I said.

"I wanna know why you never told me and Brick that you were out on a date with Miyako?" Butch asked.

"Because I don't want you to embarrass me thats why and shouldn't you be on a date with Kaoru?" I answered.

"She says that she has homework to do but I know she's lying so I'm gonna go and surprise her" I heard him smirk.

"Try not to get yourself killed though" I sweat-dropped.

"Relax baby brother, Kaoru-chan would never try to kill me" he said.

"Whatever you say" I said sarcastically.

"Well I gotta go now Boom, see you later!" he hung up before I uttered a reply.

I put my phone back in my pocket and watched Miyako and her grandmother laughing at something which made me smile because of how happy they are.

"As long as Miyako is happy then I'm happy" I thought as I watched the butterflies dance with each other.
________________________
4 MORE TO GO!!!!

CHECKMATE!!!!📌📌📌📌