Jordan - Twenty-Six

26 - Jordan

This was a lot harder to get through then it ever should have been. I wanted Summer to know about me inside and out just like I wanted to know every little thing about her. But realistically, telling her all of this was hard. Keeping a lot of it in still was even harder, things I'm going to have to tell her before we land in New York. I was already getting worked up about it even though I skipped through a lot with everything that I did just tell her. I cleared my throat knowing I had to keep going just a little more.

"Tommy was one of the first guys I met in boot camp. We ended up stuck together the entire time, he became my brother. Well him and another guy name Rob, the three of us basically inseparable, and we had a lot of good times. Our housing was together all three of us for years. When I was discharged it hit them just as hard as it hit me. They had to finish their tours, and I was stuck going home. We still talked constantly. I went up to visit a few times a year except for this year."

"Seriously? Why?"

"When I was supposed to go up it was during the two months that we were apart...kind of was more concerned with chasing the bottom of a bottle. They were supposed to come down here next month. Rob called me this morning and told me Tommy committed suicide and they found him early this morning. Rob is married to one of Tommy's sisters so she got a call right away. I am just trying to figure out if I should shave and wear my dress blues or just go in a suit at this point."

"What will you be more comfortable in?"

"Obviously not the dress blues, but if his Mom wants us to..."

"So, bring it with and decide after speaking with her." I smiled over at the beautiful and smart woman sitting next to me.

"That I can do." I leaned in to capture her lips. "Thank you."

"For what?" I shrugged.

"Being here, being you?"

"Jordan, we're a team. You never go through anything alone as long as I'm around." She smiled and pulled me in for another kiss. Damnit this fucking woman is amazingly perfect. I deepened the kiss and she giggled while moving over to straddle me. I laid back on the bed bringing her with me not letting our mouths part. Her hands pressed against my chest and pulled us apart. "I don't think now is appropriate." She laughed.

"Oh, I think sex is a great coping mechanism."

"Jordan..."

"Darlin' I've had PTSD for like eight fucking years and figured out how to cope with that by getting tattoos, piercings, and having a lot of casual sex. I'm pretty sure non-casual sex with my amazingly sexy and gorgeous ass girlfriend will definitely help me go through the Kubler-Ross model way quicker."

"I'm 100% positive you are way too smart for your own good."

"Oh, indubitably." This caused her to break out into my favorite laugh.

"How, just how?"

"I cherished school, but also only use shit when I want to." She shook her head. And looked down at my chest tracing her fingers over my peck. "It's obviously tattooed over, so you can't really see the scar." My chest piece said 'prima la famiglia' and one peck had ship with a red sky, the other a ships wheel with an anchor and water, they both lead into full sleeves one was complete wanderlust style, the other had the American flag on it with 'We The People' some guns 'Semper Fi', the USMC seal, you know just full 'Merica' shit, and down my sides were like male and female versions of skulls with bodies. My abs were still clear as was most of my back. It is hard to explain but anyway, I knew exactly where the scar was. "Put your finger at the bottom of the m in prima." I waited till I felt her fingertip. "Slide down to the bow of the ship, then over right about an inch, you'll be able to feel it. Maybe see it I'm not sure." She lightly gasped and I knew her finger hit it. She leaned down and placed a soft kiss against my skin.