Chapter 41

Above is a collage. The picture of the man, is what Harry describes as his Yule Ball attire. The other are the Henna's that everyone will be wearing. These were just images that I found through google, so please, if anyone has any issues with them, I would love the criticism. Though please be kind about it. All the Henna's are labelled, with who will be wearing which ones.

Next week is the Yule Ball, or at least some of it. In chapters 42 & 43, there will be two collages that show you what each girl is wearing, and what accessories I've paired with them. Unfourtantly, not all the girls I describe in chapter 42 will have their dress shown, some will be in the photo in chapter 43. Just a heads up

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Harry's POV

I was so nervous, I felt like I was going to throw up, and it wasn't even a task for the tournament or a life-threatening situation I was thrust into. I needed a date to the Yule Ball, someone that wouldn't mind getting their toes stepped on, someone that didn't care if I just wanted to sit and watch my friends all night. I just wanted someone I would be comfortable around, someone that wouldn't mind me being, well, me.

Enter George.

Of course he was my first option, he was my boyfriend after all. But I didn't want to take him away from Fred and any potential plans they had.... Then just yesterday the best thing happened, Fred did me a huge favour. He, Lee Jordan and a Hufflepuff from their year; I think his name was Luke, strolled right up to Katie, Angelina and Alicia and asked them to the Ball. Fred nabbed a date with Alicia, Lee Jordan asked Angelina, who I knew were actually dating, and the Hufflepuff asked Katie.

It was honestly a relief to see Fred have a date, I couldn't imagine George coming with a date if Fred didn't have one. Hermione still wouldn't tell me who her date was, and I knew that it wasn't Neville or any of the other Gryffindor guys in our year. Since I heard that Seamus and Dean were 'going stag' or as we liked to say together. And Ron still hadn't asked anyone after the whole Fleur fiasco. Which will continue to be a fond memory for a very long time.

I knew that Parvati was going with Blaise, as their families were close and neither wanted to have the hassle of finding an actual date; her words not mine. And somehow Lavender snagged a date with the cute 5th year Hufflepuff named Simon, though I'm not sure how she did it. As far as I knew, Simon was the total opposite of Lavender, and they ran in completely different social circles. Of course Neville was taking Luna, who he asked the day after the Ball was announced, it was a really sweet.

And yet here I was, 1 week before the Ball, and still I hadn't gotten up the courage to ask my own boyfriend to the Ball. I still wasn't confident that he would say yes, especially not after today.

Pushing down my nerves, I stroll into the Hall, many heads snapping to attention as I enter, my bright honey yellow hair catching most people's attention. George spots me instantly, his face already breaking out into laughter, brining a smile to my own. I walk straight to him, Hermione handing me a top hat as I pass her; I had given it to her this morning much to her utter delight and amusement.

Finally making my way in front of him, I fall to one knee, sticking my hand in the hat an pulling out a stuffed purple deer. A much softer smile now gracing his lips, as he patiently waits for me to continue.

Taking one last breath, I open my mouth, my voice holding much more confidence than I had in that moment. "Oh mighty George, half of the famous Weasley pranking duo, prankster extraordinaire, lover of mischief. Would you do me the honour of accompanying me to the Yule Ball?"

He leans back in his seat, rubbing his chin exaggeratedly and pretends to think, though his lips are still quirked up in a smile. "That is a generous offer, young sir. But as you have stated, I am extraordinary, what perchance, can you offer me for this service."