Chapter 30

The picture shows where they are staying. I've found lots of different maps, and they all set Hogwarts a little differently, but this is my favourite, and easy to read.

Bold Italics= Gobbledygook (Goblin Language)

Sirius' POV

"What if something bad has happened? We haven't gotten a letter from him, Zefra or even Silver Fang in days, even after the Prophet article was published. I need to do something. Help him somehow, but I don't know what, and I can't without outing myself."

I paced frustrated in front of the couch, Mooney sitting calmly, a mug of tea in his scared hands. Running a hand through my shorter mid neck length hair, I resist the urge to pull at the strands. Stopping abruptly, I whirled to face Remus, my worry for Harry overwhelming my senses. I couldn't take his calm demeanour anymore, how wasn't he freaking out, he didn't even look remotely worried.

"How are you so goddam calm. This is Harry, Remus... My pup, our cub. How are you not freaking out?" His head snaps up, eyes burning in anger, but his face was deceptively calm, his tone just as harsh as his eyes.

"You don't think I'm scared Sirius. Your right he is our cub, be we currently have no bloody standing, to do anything for him. All we can do is be there for him, when he needs it, to support him and make sure we're there to help him if he can't cope with the pressure. Pacing around the living room is useless, so sit down and think before you make a move."

The anger in his voice had me coming back to myself, never seeing him so mad before. My mind cleared somewhat, enough to properly see Remus. His hands were trembling, but he was forcing himself to stop with the aid of the mug, which I could tell was cold. His breathing was shallow, like he was on the verge of hyperventilating, and I knew he could be pushed over the edge at any moment.

His eyes were no longer angry, instead there was a deep seated fear and panic in them. And I just knew that his fear was just as overwhelming for him as it was for me. But unlike me, he had been bottling it up, for my sake, if I could guess. So that he would be able to help me if I broke down.

Rushing over to him, I gather him up in my arms, squeezing him close. It didn't take to long for him to vanish the mug and hug me back, his whole body trembling, the fear in him permeating the air, unable to control himself anymore. It was choking him, enveloping him in a cocoon. I was such an idiot. My nerves weren't helping at all, it was probably making it worst. Wrapped in each others arms we manage to calm the other down, at least so that the terror we felt for our cub wasn't crushing us anymore.

We just sit there, silently, holding each other, wishing for better circumstances, the fire roaring with life and heat, warming our stiff bones. We sat and silently prayed to Lady Magic, to keep Harry safe, prayed for him to come back to us alive. We sat, and let our thoughts consume us, even after we had fallen asleep, we sat snuggled into the others arms.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Silver Fang's POV

My smile sharpened, "so it's agreed, we have everything we need. We can move forward?"

"Yes Account-Manager Silver Fang, you are cleared to move forward. Squire Nilhard, Master Gold Claw and Tutor Sharp-Shard are assigned to you. All the documents should be filled and waiting in your office."

"Thank you Council, I shall bring honour and gold to us all." Sending them one more sharp smile, I turn and leave, the goblins assigned to me following quickly behind, silently. Making a quick stop in my office I grab the documents and the packed bags Zefra had readied last night.

Moving quickly, we head out to the Portkey chamber, hoping to all the gods that we manage to arrive before the wand weighing ceremony was completed, otherwise Harry would be in worse trouble then just trying to stay out of Dumbledore's or Voldemort's way.