Chapter 40

Our Lovely Luna and Fleur in the picture above. Left is Fleur, and right is Luna.

Sorry for the delay, so many assignments and they're all due around the same time, it's a bloody nightmare. Thankyou all for being so patient, the girls have this chapter dedicated to them. And the next few chapters are all for the Yule Ball.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Zefra's POV

I was sitting silently going through all of Harry's and the Weasley's ledgers, the room of requirement creating a room eerily like my own. With only with a few extra shelves brimming with books, and a group of couches surrounding the fire. The crackling of the wood, was the only sound that resonated in here, and like a whisper the door slid open, white blond was all I saw as they dashed inside.

I let out a silent sigh, finishing the last notations on the contract in front of me, before quietly moving over to the couch. Draco's slumped form resting on one of the couches, his hands fiddling with a chess piece that were on an unused set up board.

His eyes were downcast, intently looking at the piece, his lips pulled down in a little frown, a similar marring my own, as I stare at his melancholy face. I take a seat on the couch across him, watching, but staying silent, waiting for Draco to breach the silence.

He doesn't stay noiseless long, and in a whisper he speaks, his voice so low I almost miss him. "Do you really believe in Potter. You actually think he can win the war?"

"Draco, the Goblins didn't come just because Harry was entered. I made the request for their intervention, I asked Father, and consulted with the Potter Account Manager. Both agreed that the best path to a relatively peaceful fight would be with Harry. But he would die without training, he would be slaughtered before he could do anything. The Goblins may be training him for the tournament, but the lessons he learns are ones that will stick with him, that will make sure he survives the incoming battle."

"So you think he'll win?"

"I hope he does. I really do, if he doesn't, I don't know what'll happen to me."

"Couldn't you just join Voldemort, wouldn't that be safer, easier."

"I can't, and I won't."

His eyes finally meet mine, in them swims defeat, frustration, anger, sadness, and hopelessness, emotions that I know all too well. His dead like eyes reminding me too much of my own. "Why? If you join the Dark Lord, you'll be safe, you'll be useful."

"And when he discovers my parentage, who I call father."

"He'll give you a choice. Father says he's fair, that if you prove yourself to him, he'll look kindly down on you."

"And you believe him." He was silent, eyes finally dropping away from mine, tears welling up in his, despair taking over all his visible emotions. "Draco, what's this about?"

"I DON'T WANT YOU TO DIE. Okay. I want my friend to live, by my side, and not die."

"And you think that if I stand with Harry that I'll end up dead?" Slowly he nods, his Adams apple bobbing a few times, like he was swallowing thick emotion that welled up in him. "I'll be dead if I side with Riddle."

His head snaps up, panic clear on his face, "Draco, I took oaths when I became a Goblin Warrior, when I became a Goblin Master. To go back on them, to turn away from the nation that took me in, raised me, protected me, watched me grow, would be worst than death. Trust me, I would prefer death over whatever punishment they give me, if I go back on my oaths and trust. Not that I would ever want to, I would never think of doing that. Draco, the Goblins are family, as are Luna, Harry, Hermione and Neville."