Chapter 2

'Thoughts'

Gringotts letter

*-*-*-*-*-

Harry's POV

To Lord Hadrian James Potter,

We at Gringotts would like to congratulate you on your creature inheritance.

We advise that you come to Gringotts at the earliest time to speak with your account manager and to conduct an inheritance test so that we may document what creature you have become.

The letter is a portkey, activation phrase is gold.

Sincerely,

Silver claw

I couldn't believe what was reading I was a creature and had an account manager. I was in disbelief if I had a manager why did Dumbledore have my key and why did he insist that Mrs Weasley hold on to it, I was confused but determined to find out what was happening.

As quickly and as quietly as I could I gathered what little I thought was useful such as a change of clothes and my Gringotts pouch and placed them into a small rut sack that I had found and grabbed. Before I left I turned to Hedwig "meet me at Gringotts girl Ill be there soon" with a happy hoot she was off. Taking a deep breath, I steeled my nerves and said "gold," I felt the hook sensation and suddenly I was at Gringotts on my knees.

I scrambled up into my feet and sheepishly asked the teller if I could see my account manager, "name?"

"Harry potter sir," he peered at me before nodding and getting out of his seat "follow me Mr Potter" I nodded and fell into step with him. I was still very anxious and still a little panicked I didn't know how to act around goblins, they would be able to see right through any act that I tried to pull.

I was so stuck in my thoughts that I almost ran into the teller but managed to stop in time. "We're here Mr Potter," I flushed red in embarrassment, "thank you sir, so much, if I may could I please know your name?" I could see a quick flash of surprise ran across the goblins face, he contemplated for a second before answering me "Ganlokk."

"Thank you Ganlokk for helping me, may your gold forever flow."

"May your enemies fall before you," Ganlokk bowed then left back to the teller's station.

'You can do this Harry, what's the worst that can happen, they send you back to Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon. You can survive this, you have survived much worse than talking to a goblin, your Harry James Potter, you can do this.' Nodding to myself I knock on the door, after a few tense seconds I hear a gravelly voice "enter."

Walking in I see a much older goblin sitting behind a large mahogany desk with files staked up around him, smiling slightly I bow and wait for him to allow me to sit, I've never been able to break the habit of waiting for instructions or demands, a habit that has been beaten into me by my aunt and uncle.

I see him raise his eyebrow slightly before gesturing for me to have a seat, he looks over me expecting to see someone else with me and when he doesn't, he turns to me with a confused look on his face before asking, "Mr Potter where is your guardian? They are meant to accompany you here"

"I'm sorry sir, my Aunt and Uncle are muggles and don't..... Understand magic all that well, I was unaware that they had to come. I'm sorry." I'm looking at my hands as they shake. 'I can't have Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon here they would either demand that I give them everything for compensation then throw me to the wolves or they would just throw me to the wolves.'