Chapter 8

Harry's POV

Slowly my senses came back, my body felt lighter, lighter than it had ever felt. The dull throb in the back of my head was gone, it was absolute bliss. Doing an internal check of my body, I finally felt pressure on my right hand, someone was holding my hand.

I swallowed down the bile rising in my throat and fought down my panic, slowly I opened my eyes and was amazed when I could see everything without the need of glasses. I snuck a peek from the corner of my eye and looked to my right. I can see Shadow sitting there smiling in amusement and happiness, returning her smile, I turn to my left to see Silver Fang and he too smiled at me.

Sighing lightly, I remove my hand from Shadow's before slowly sitting up until my back was up against the head board. My head spun quickly and black dots danced in my vision, I blinked quickly and slowly everything settled down and I was finally okay. A sigh of bliss slipped out of mouth from the relief of my pain free body, chuckles escaped from both Silver Fangs and Shadow's mouth.

My little bubble of peace was interrupted by Shanik, she had a clipboard in her hand and a muggle pen. My eyes widened at the view of it, amused at the sight of it. A small smile slipped on my mouth before I settled back "Hello Mr Potter, I hope you are feeling well. I will just give you another check up to see that everything is in working order and that we haven't missed anything."

With my nod of confirmation, she checked the results after casting her spell, obviously she saw good news as she gave a small smile before turning back to me. Her voice while calm and soft, was firm "you were in the ritual for 6 hours. Now we didn't know originally that it would take so long, but it was found that you had both basilisk venom and phoenix tears in your blood stream.

"We had to integrate them into your body for you to have a full recovery, this caused the ritual to take longer. However, from the results just shown you are in almost perfect health, you will be put on a strict diet and potions to help combat your malnutrition state and stunted growth. Shadow will be in charge of making sure you stay on them and in three weeks you will have another check up with me to see if any dosages have to be changed."

Gratitude for this woman grew exceptionally and I wanted to show my thanks but I didn't know how, finally a thought entered my mind. "Thank you so much Shanik for everything you and your team have done for me, I would like to repay you back for all the hard work you have done. Silver Fang, if you could please double the pay for all those involved today and give Shanik another 100 galleons for her amazing work."

Shanik just stared at me unable to believe that a wizard would be so thankful, I just stared back trying to portray my thanks and my seriousness. A quite "of course Harry" is what broke us out of our staring match, Shanik quickly composed herself before bowing to me "thank you Lord Potter, may your enemies fall upon a grand defeat."

"May your gold flow on forever," with one final look at me Shanik left. Turning to face Silver Fang I saw him smiling in pride at me, smiling back I asked when I could leave, the answer was almost instantaneously from Shadow.

"You can leave whenever you like, Silver Fang has all your things ready including the key to access your property. If you want we can go now or we can wait until you're ready. And don't think that you're getting away with not telling me how you managed to get both basilisk venom and phoenix tears into your systems."

Sheepishly I run my hand through my hair and whisper a little okay. Taking one deep breath I ask if we can get all my things and leave now, getting yes' from both we slowly make out way back to Silver Fangs office.

My clothes are quickly transfigured into a thin long sleeve navy blue cotton shirt and some comfortable blue jeans. Shadow leaves the room for a few moments before re-entering with Hedwig on her shoulder, my shout of delight mirrored Hedwig's hoot and happy flying before settling on my shoulder and giving me a delighted nip to the ear.