Chapter 36

Heads up that the 3rd person POV, kind of turns into a characters POV.

Dragons talking/ Dragon Tongue is "Italics and Bold in quotation marks" with that out of the way, onto the chapter.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Zefra's POV

I sighed for the millionth time today, Fleur had just finished her round. She did good,, obviously worried about the hatchlings, she didn't do anything to drastic, which unfourtantly ended with her getting flamed. Thankfully due to her Veela nature, she hardly minded it, simply brushing it aside and sauntering away.

The grumblings from the Welsh Green was quite entertaining. She'd never faced someone who hardly payed her flamed no mind; Charlie mainly working with the more volatile dragons they had on the Reserve. She wasn't happy, not even a little bit. But still, her small tantrum made me smile, something that had been rare for me these last couple of days.

Running a quick health check on Fleur and seeing her mostly healthy, besides a few superficial burns. I allow her to pass onto Pomphrey, who simply gives her a calming draught, headache reliever and a small tin of burn slave she shuffles into bed. The scores she gets are slightly skewed, Karkaroff and Bagman giving her less points for her semi-successful sleep spell. Dumbledore too gives her a lower score than she deserves, my anger and frustrations at him swirling around once more in the pits of my stomach.

They obviously seemed to be playing favourites, but until Victor went, I couldn't tell if they were simply being bias or of they really were sexist. It didn't take long for them to switch to a very angry Chinese Fireball, that had been named Jiangnu, after the legend in China. She had been my favourite to converse with, she was both insightful as well as fiery, her temper matching her colouring.

I had tried to calm them all down before the start of the task, but nothing could be done while they were actually in the pit, their hatchlings in actual danger. She was even now thrashing around yelling about protecting her children. She was threatening the handlers, as well as any of the crowd she got a lock on, her eyes and head constantly swinging and snapping at anyone that got to close.

She didn't even pay attention to the Champion that had just stepped in, blowing one of her hottest flames down at the chains holding her down. The chains glowed momentarily, before dimming, the metal looking the same as before, not a single scratch on it. This just caused her to rage even more, her threats becoming quite creative, if I do say so myself.

A large gust of wind flew through the stadium, causing her fire to shift, now spreading towards Victor, his stoic face momentarily flashing into a panicked one. He dives, rolling the rest of the way behind one of the large boulders, his thud alerting Jiangnu to another prominent and closer threat. Her massive head swivels to the cluster of boulder around where he had moved behind, watching for him, smoke starting to slighter out of her mouth, showcasing just how angry she truly was.

Head still poised and watching, her body moved to face the intrusion, and she seemed to finally pinpoint where he is, her massive claws swiping down to the boulder, just missing. And it it's wake three deep fissures were left behind, small little fractures split off from them, showcasing the force she used in the attack. I could see Victor take three large breaths before shimming around the opposite side of the large rock, quickly ducking out and throwing a Conjunctivitis Curse and a Stunner at her.

It blinded her immediately, her fear for her hatchlings tripling instantly. She cried out, the pain overwhelming her senses, ricocheting her backwards. He dashed forward, quickly snapping up the egg, before trying to run back, only to be trapped by her tail as it slams down to help her keep balance.