Chapter 25

Italics is hat talking.

Bold Italics is hat talking out loud.

Bold is Gobbledegook.

With that all out the way, enjoy the chapter, I may do a double upload, today and then again tomorrow.

Zefra's POV

I hated how Dumbles presented me to everyone, making it sound like I was dumb and naïve, I couldn't wait to shove it back into his face. I knew already that I was either going to Ravenclaw or Slytherin, and as much as I wanted to go into the snake pit, I knew it wouldn't be the wisest of moves if I wanted to cultivate my friendship with Harry, Hermione and the other Gryffindor's.

"Well, well, what do we have here. Such a sharp mind, and already being utilised by you and your father..... My, my, I wonder why you even decided to come here child, there is little this place can offer you."

Taking a leap of faith, I decided to have the mental conversation that the hat was initiating. "I know, but I need to look after Harry. My father and Silver Fang intrusted his safety to me, and I take it very seriously. Plus, it would do me some good to be here, I would be able to work out how to best fix and heal Hogwarts, once me and my associates manage to outs Dumbles."

"Ahh, I see, how wonderful another Hogwarts Heir. Now just like your sibling, you could do great things in Slytherin, be great in the snake pit. You would be able to sway their ideas to your more neutral agenda, and I can see how much you long for the house, yet you hesitate, why?"

"I want to be able to see Harry, to have a public friendship with him and be able to sway more than just the Slytherin's mind. I want to show everyone that what we are currently doing is killing our world, our way of life. Both Dumbledore and Riddle are much to extreme. They all seem to forget that there will always be light, and with that light darkness will rise to meet it, as you cannot have one without the other. It's not a bad thing, it's the natural order of the world and I've managed to teach Harry this, to show him the true meaning of balance and how magic thrives in that balance. But I want.... no I need the others to realise this, if we even have a chance at surviving the coming years."

"Spoken like a true believer. You have done well child, and I can see that with your mind, next to nothing will stand in your way for to long. And with your answer I know the exact house that you will go to. It may not be easy, and they are likely to shun you for your views and history. But never forget that there are great friends to be made in all houses. With all the heavy stuff out of the way.... It better be Ravenclaw...."

There was a smattering of applause, Harry and Draco clapping the loudest startling each other with their enthusiasm. Dumbledore still had on a serene smile, letting me know that he was still ignorant of my true intentions and longing. Pasting on a happy and relieved smile, I sit at my new house, next to a little blond with misty silver eyes. She must be Luna, she matches the description from Harry.

"I have waited a while to meet you Shadow, and the Blibbering Humdingers have told me so much about you and have shown me your true intentions. I welcome you to the house of ravens and I hope I can make it just as enjoyable as your true house."

"Thank you Luna, I've heard a lot about you as well, from our mutual friend. I look forward to my time here at Hogwarts and would be absolutely delighted to be your friend as well."

Before she could even reply with that cute beaming smile of hers another jumps in, a voice of disbelief ringing in my ears. "Really? You want to be friends with Looney. Look new kid, let me tell you a few things about our house. We are the house of knowledge and wit; we do not care for crazy theorists like Looney here. She's the lowest person here, lower than even the firsties. You should get to know your house mates, the ones in your year, they will catch you up to speed on the inner workings of Ravenclaw and Hogwarts."