Chapter 22

Harry's POV

Finally it was time for the game, slowly we made our way up to our seats, which was christened with an incident with Lucius Malfoy, in which during I found myself studying Draco. There was some anomalies in his behaviours, while he sneered at the youngest Weasley's, he never made a move to disrespect those older than him, including Mr Weasley. In fact, if my eyes are working properly, I think I saw some respect in his eyes when he looked at the older two Weasley's. And I never thought I would see that in his gaze before.

What's more, is that a quick look of disdain flashed through his eyes, wen his father spoke about blood purity and Hermione's unworthiness. My imagine of him was rapidly changing, it seemed that dear daddy's boy Draco, wasn't who he portrayed himself as being. It was truly eye opening to see, as for the most part he stayed silent, only trading verbal blows with Ron and Ginny after they had attacked him verbally, which it seemed they made their mission to do.

After that little spat, it was back to a relative normal, our seats were amazing, we were right at the centre of the pitch about the same height that most chasers would fly. All of us had our Omnioculars and were bouncing in our seats just waiting for the start of the match.

The Leprechauns were so cool, and made me laugh so hard that I was wheezing by the end of their presentation. They were decked out in greens and whites, and no matter how small they were there would be no way that you could miss them, they were so bright.

Next came the Bulgarians team mascots, Veela's is what Hermione called them. Her mini lecture said they would ensnare and entrance anyone who was attracted to their gender/sex. That their main ability was allure, and most people couldn't fight it off, but here in the stadium it was only women Veela, who were much more colourful when transformed.

Ron made an absolute fool of himself trying to reach them, drool slipping from his mouth, and he was ready to just about throw himself over the edge of the box to get to them. The other Weasley's didn't have nearly as big as a reaction as he did. Bill while still visibly effected as every now and again his eyes would glaze over, he had very good control over his actions and calmly held Ron back. Charlie and Miles were also somewhat affected which confused me greatly, as I thought that they were bonded, but seeing as they had control over themselves I just left it.

Fred was also visibly effected, but between George and Hermione who he sat between, he was relatively calm and didn't do anything near as embarrassing as Ron. The worst he seemed to do was call them beautiful and comment about how he would be happy if he was with one of them.

Then there was George and I, it seemed that their allure didn't work on us at all. Peeking up at him, we shared a look, his gaze much more heated than mine, causing red to blossom on my cheeks. It seemed that our look didn't go all unnoticed from the looks that Hermione was throwing us, but she kept any comment to herself. Which I am eternally grateful for.

It was kind of weird that I wasn't at all effected by them. I felt no need to impress them, to declare that they were the most beautiful women alive. I had no fog rolling over my brain, clouding my thoughts and actions. I was 100% me, nothing different, and that both relieved me and made me anxious.

It meant that George really was my mate, and that the growing feelings I felt for him since the middle of second year were serious, and they weren't that of admiration like I felt for his twin. And I just didn't know how to deal with those emotions, so I would think on them later, when I meditated before bed. I could deal with them later, but right now I wanted to watch the game.

And really what a game it was, the speed of it being played was so much quicker than school. They could do all these incredible throws and twists to get away from their opponent. They moved like they were attached to the broom, like they had wings and it made me itch for my own broom, to join them in the freedom of the air.