Chapter 13

Hello all, I just wanted to say thank you all so much for reading this book, its my first time writing and seeing all the support is just great.

The next few chapters may be shorter than what I normally post, they are kind of like fillers but I wanted to show how those important to Harry are getting on. Hope you enjoy!!!

Shadow's/ Zefra's POV

It was a quiet day today, one of the few days off I gave Harry, currently he was away with Silver Fang exploring his vaults and some of his other properties. I had had a somewhat busy day myself, first I had meetings with all my own account managers, then I had some war meetings with other warrior goblins on upcoming assignments that I would be sent on.

Now though it was just me, laying down under one of the willow trees by the lake, watching my familiars playing tag around me. The sound of their enjoyment calming my worried mind.

I honestly cant believe how far Harry has come in the few short weeks that he has been here, it truly amazed me how much he learned without those disgusting potions in his system.

He had reread all his 1st-3rd year books in a matter of days and with the extra texts I had lent him and his extensive library, lets just say that he has learnt and progressed so much. I remember the day that he shyly came up to me, softly saying how he never wanted to be an Auror, but that it was what everyone was expecting him to become.

He had confined in me that he had wished to 'do a Hermione' and take all the electives available, though he did admit to not believing in Divination, saying it just wasn't in him, which I understood. So, cracking down we made a plan so that he would be able to take DADA, Transfiguration, Charms, Potion, Herbology, Arithmancy and Care of Magical Creatures. Luckily, even though I am unable to be a full fledged teacher here, I am able to be a tutor and so I would help Harry self-study Runes.

We talked extensively about the pros and cons on all subjects and finally Harry was happy with his list, and all it took to change Harry's course was for Silver Fang to send Professor McGonagall a letter. She even green lit us for self-study though did say that we had to have Professor Babbling's check in on us once a fortnight.

Harry was like a sponge soaking up all the information he could, quickly becoming a very knowledgeable wizard. One that could easily give his friends a run for their money on smartest witch or wizard of their generation. His practicals were also excelling nicely, his new wand doing wonders for him. The wand had come from a shop owned by a good friend of mine in Star Alley in Iceland. I will never forget the day he got his wand, the way his face lit up and everything clicked into place for him, it was his true catalyst.

Flashback

We walked into the old shop, though the only way you could tell it was old was from the old pictures hanging behind the counter all showcasing the same desk; though it still looked brand-new.

The pictures ran through the different generations of shop owners with their families, a truly wonderful site. Harry eyed me obviously confused as to why there were no wands around, without waiting for his answer I cheerily explain, "this place isn't like Ollivanders, little brother. Here you'll run through different woods and cores and pick the ones that feel connected to you. So you may very well end up with multiple woods or cores or maybe both. You don't know until you go through the process, but this is where I came for my wand, and I want to pass on the tradition."

He smiled a me, his eyes softening, "but how do you know which woods or cores connect to you?"

My mouth opened to explain but before I could my old friend crept out of the back, interrupting me and giving me a tiny heart attack while he was at it. "I think I can answer that question Mr Potter. While you run your hand over the woods and cores, you release some of your magic and allow it to freely connect to whatever it feels attuned to. It may feel somewhat like when you got your first wand, but purer and stronger."