Chapter 17

Sirius' POV

Here we were, me and Remus having a staring contest with Silver Fang and the Black Account Manager who was appropriately named Blacktooth, we were just waiting for the results of our inheritance tests. Then we would be ushered into a room to have out cleansing ritual, and finally after that I would be allowed to take over as Lord Black, though I was still debating over that. The long 5 minutes was finally over, and I was handed my results by Blacktooth and Silver Fang handed Remus' his, to say I was shocked at the results was an understatement.

Name: Sirius Orion Lupin-Black

Mother: Walburga Black (deceased)

Father: Orion Black (deceased)

Lordships:

Black

Inheritance (creature/abilities):

Siren (100% blocked)

Fae (100% blocked)

Beast Speak (90% blocked)

Animagus

Elemental control (air & plants) (85% blocked)

Blocks/Potions:

Power block (30%)

Creature inheritance (100% blocked)

Beast speak (90% blocked)

Elemental control (85% blocked)

Mate bond (80% blocked)

Godfather bond (85% blocked)

Loyalty potion keyed to Albus Dumbledore, Gryffindor, 'light side', Order of Phoenix- applied by Albus Dumbledore (2-5 a year for 9 years)

Hate potion keyed to Slytherin, Dark Arts, Potions (subject), Black Family (15% broken), Dark creatures (40% broken)- applied by Albus Dumbledore (4-7 a year for 10 years)

Modified hate potion (made for hate to get more intense over the years) keyed to Severus Snape- applied by Albus Dumbledore (starting at 2 a year to 7 a year, as they get older for 9 years)

Confusion potions- applied by Albus Dumbledore and Peter Pettigrew (2-3 times a month for 8 years)

Tormentor spell and potion (illegal) keyed to Slytherin House and Severus Snape- applied by Albus Dumbledore and Peter Pettigrew (2-3 times a month for 9 years)

Inheritance blocking potion and spell (on Black line) (illegal)- applied by Albus Dumbledore and Walburga Black (once a month since 1 year old)

*****************************

I was shocked I couldn't believe that so much of my youth, had been manipulated; how I thought I spent my days, doing things that I thought were my own actions hadn't been at all. They were all don't to suit Dumbledore plan. How much of me was true, I couldn't be sure, but suddenly so much made sense.

The fact that I gave up on Regulus after he was sorted in Slytherin, even when I knew what our parents were like, even taking most of his beatings for him, to save him and his innocence from my fate. The fact that I bullied Severus, just because he was different from us, because he was a Slytherin.

I wonder what would have been different if I didn't have any of these potions in my systems, would I have been nice to Severus, bringing him and Lily into the fold quicker, helping him through his problems at home.

And just remembering what he looked like back then, all thin, borrowed clothes, sunken and bruised eyes, due to lack of sleep. I would never have hurt someone who was having trouble, I wanted to help people, I wanted to be a curse-breaker and then take over for McGonagall when she retired. But they explained so much of my behaviour, so much of why I hated people for no reason, for why I hated Severus. As I was skimming through it again something caught my eye.