Fly Away, Hide Away

(I ONLY OWN THE PLOT AND THE FEW CHARACTERS I MADE UP!!!!! ALL OTHER CHARACTERS, LOCATIONS, AND REFERENCES TO PAST WORKS BELONG TO UNCLE RICK AND SHE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED!!!)

Nico's POV:

it felt good to be back on the ship, everyone back together and stronger.

We had everything we needed, everything thing that the Cyclops told Ginny about. Everyone in celebration decided to have a huge picnic on the main deck.

Which turned into a food fight way too quickly but once that subsided we ordered up some new food from our magic plates, though we were all covered in crap.

Throughout the picnic Leo cracked jokes and the couples cuddled. Percy and Annabeth, finally back together wouldn't go more than two feet away from one another.

The couple that did surprise me most was, Draco and Bridget. Don't get me wrong they seem great for one another I just wouldn't expect Bridget to get into a relationship. They danced like idiots when we got music going they were the best of all of us.

A few times I thought I saw Leo glaring at them, but Leo almost never broke his smile unless he was yelling at some monster or genuinely angry or sad. Which was also rare.

While the picnic was incredible and well deserved we eventually all decided to turn in for the night...

That's when I learned the truth.

It was around 3 am and I needed to take a breath of air, once I exited my room and started walking around the bottom of the ship to get upstairs...I got a little lost in the dark and somehow found my way near the engine room. Which is when I heard it.

*PUNCH* *PUNCH* *SLAM* I heard someone doing what sounded like boxing with the wall. Then I heard crying.

I followed the noises and made my way to the engine room, there was a small candle in the room and it illuminated...

Leo.

He was punching the walls and screaming and crying.

"ALWAYS BE THE OUTSIDER!!! JUST SEVENTH WHEEL NOW TWENTIETH WHEEL!!! DUMB STUPID ANNOYING GOOD FOR NOTHING PIECE OF SHIT LEO VALDEZ EVERYONE!!!! COME GAWK AT THE LONELY FREAK!!!! THE WORTHLESS REPAIR BOY!!The loser who can't find his place among his brethren after over a year. I'm the dried out river, the weed no one even bothers to pull, the word no one wants to say, the sea no one travels on, the moved mountain, the freak no one wants. THE SEVENTH WHEEL!!!!" he screamed and crying and eventually collapsed to the ground. His knuckles were bleeding and scarred.

Tears were rolling down my cheeks...and without knowing why...I made my presence known, "Leo?" I whispered. Barely audible but he heard he and his head shot up.

"H-how long have you b-been there?" he stammered and started to stand up wiping his pants and his eyes.

I stepped forward a little bit, "Long enough." I spoke softly and walked towards him.

Leo's tears reformed, "I'm fine..."

I pursed my lips...and choked out, "I'm not, How long?"

Leo fell back to the floor, and sobbed, "Forever...please, Nico. Just go! LEAVE!" He shot up, yelled so loud and his hair burst into flames all at once, I stumbled backwards in shock. I saw fire literally burning in his eyes.

I quickly got out of the room and the last thing I heard was him crumpling back to the floor and sobbing...I sped back to my room as quickly as I could and tried to sleep, but I couldn't because every time I close my eyes Leo's screams ringed in my ears.