[[ 20 ]]

Rewritten: 1/15/2021

[Draco]

"About time you showed up, this thing is completely idiotic!" smirked Blaise rising from the floor as I entered the Room of Requirement. "Where have you been?"

"Talking to Baie." I shook my head and pointed behind me as the door opened again, causing both myself and Blaise to tense up and round to the door only to sigh in relief at the sight of Pansy and Haven. "Oh, its just you guys."

"Just us." smiled Pansy, moving deeper into the room and then looking over the cupboard. "Still struggling?"

"No, it's done we just decided to tear it back apart to put it back together again to save time." Blaise barked earning a glare from Pansy.

"What have you been up to, Drake?" smiled Haven, taking my bicep as we both moved to stand on the other side of the cupboard as Pansy and Blaise started to bicker. 

"I've been with Baie, Haven." I spat, pulling my arm out of her grip then dropping to my knees to inspect one of the bottom shelves.

"You're not really falling for her shit are you?" Haven asked, dropping her bag near the door and moving closer to me. "It's Baie Marie, you two can't stand each other."

"Things change." I barked back, but this comment earned some feedback from Blaise.

"Wait, you're actually staring to like her?" He questioned, sliding into view.

"I didn't say that." I spat back.

"But you didn't...not say that." Pansy added.

"What the fuck does it matter?" I growled, looking up at the three of them. "We all have our perspective fucking missions and we need to focus on them before time runs out. Halloween is next week, we have until Christmas to put this stupid piece of shit together and it won't get put together running around fucking each other," I smirked, eyeing Haven. "or figuring out who likes who - its child shit!"

Blaise rose his hands as if he was applaud. 

"Excuse us for trying to remain teenagers while we can." Pansy smirked, looking up to Blaise, then her gaze came back to me. "Are you guys missing some pages out of the manual or do neither of you know how to read?"

"It's in fucking Latin," barked Blaise before I could speak up, he stepped over to his left to snatch the manual off a random crate then stepped back into view to shove the manual into Pansy's chest. "unless you know Latin...you're not help here."

Pansy frowned, flipping through the manual. 

"You seem tense." Haven stated, sitting on the shelf above the one I was inspecting. If that didn't indicate much, we hadn't managed to put it completely together yet, we just have the shelves set up. "You want to release some of that stress, baby?"

"One," I choked, rising to my feet to tower over her. "don't call me baby." I smirked noticing she had a screwdriver in her hand and I snatched it out her hand. "Two, I'm tense because unlike most of the fucking Deatheaters here, I have two  missions and a complication on my hands that you haven't and will not ever have anything to do with."

Haven's eyes went wide as I leaned forward so my lips were just a few centimeters from her ear. 

"You were just a good fuck, that's all you are - that's all you'll ever be." I spat, causing Blaise's jaw to drop and Pansy to shove the manual into her bag and snatch Haven off the shelf before she could burst into tears.

"Fuck you Malfoy!" shouted Haven as she finally seemed to connect with her feelings as Pansy shoved her out of the door.

"Don't forget the name!" I called after them as Blaise approached me slowly. My eyes connected wit his and I ensured my face was blank and my eyes were dead. "What?"

"She's under your skin, isn't she?" He asked with a small smile. "You're not concentrated at all on this cupboard bullshit, are you?"

"Well," I sighed realizing the manual was gone. "more than you, you gave Pansy the manual."

"Fuck!" He groaned, looking up at the door. "Shit!"

"So you know what that means?" I asked, grabbing my bag on a crate nearby as he grabbed his and we exited the room. 

"What?" Blaise asked, almost not waning to.

"You'll need to get or find a new manual." I smirked, and was half relived that I changed the subject away from Baie.  

I needed to figure out where I stood with her.

Sure, this idea of fucking with each other's heads was interesting and inviting at first - but I didn't actually think that shit would get real.

The fact that she didn't have much to say out by the Lake, told me she was in the same boat.

Were we right together?

Were we right for each other?

Were we what we needed?

Was I really that distracted?

Was it safe?

I had a sudden burst of pain my head, causing my palm to slam itself against my forehead as I dropped to the ground in the middle of the corridor, causing Blaise to drop with me.

"Mate, are you alright?" He panicked.

I froze.

"Yes." I nodded, rising back to my feet. "What the fuck?"

"What was that?" Blaise inquired as we moved closer to the dungeons. 

"I'm...not sure." I frowned, looking back at the corridor where I dropped. "I'm not sure." I repeated.

A knowing chill slide its way down my spine as I realized that the random pain hit as soon as I questioned if it was safe for Baie and I have this connection.

I frowned as Blaise and I entered the corridor that our common room entrance and there was a familiar Gryffindor leaning against the wall outside.

"Potter." I growled, Blaise rolled his eyes as we came to a stop in front of The Chosen One.