[[ 28 ]]

Rewritten: 1/17/2021

[Draco]

"...well, I thought it was unnecessary!" I smirked, leaning against a nurses station holding an ice pack between my legs. 

Blaise found it more funny than anything, which was annoying - but I'd be just as amused if I wasn't the one that just got kneed in the groin by their girlfriend.

"She had to do something." Blaise's voice came as I heard him drop into a chair. "I feel I'm in here every other week with you because of this chick, by the way - it doesn't look healthy."

I rolled my eyes as I passed the ice pack back to the nurse and flinched a little as I pulled up my pants and turned back to the black curtain that Blaise was sitting on the other side of.

I pulled back the curtain as he rose to his feet.

"Anyway," I smirked, sharply, flinching a little as I walked, "we need to get that necklace."

"What do you say, before Slughorn's party?" Blaise inquired as we moved into the crowded corridor. 

"Oh yeah," I rolled my eyes at the memory of that stupid, idiotic, unnecessary party. "I'd take Baie if I would have been invited, you know - or if she - you know - wasn't with Potter." I used air quotes.

"You have to admit though," sighed Blaise as we stepped into our common room to see it was empty so we dropped onto our couch. "she's doing a hell of a job with her mission."

"Unfortunately." I nodded.

"Look, you knew what you were getting into with Baie..." Blaise shrugged, looking over at me. "...you two called off that toxic ass bet and decided to give you guys a real shot, which I support by the way," I nodded as he continued, "but you knew she had to do what she had to do...the fact you didn't tell her to wait for you until her mission was done, was surprising to me."

"That would have been a good idea if I didn't want her now..." I admitted, leaning forward and shifting a little against the cushion. "...I hate this bullshit."

Blaise giggled, which caught my attention. 

"What's so funny?" I inquired.

"You really think that you don't have the control here?" He asked, leaning forward a little. "The sooner you take out the old man, the sooner it can just be you two."

I grinned at that realization. 

I rose to my feet.

"Let's get that fucking poison." I nodded as Blaise rolled his eyes, forcing himself off the couch and following right back out of the door.

***

"...she's going with Potter, can you believe it?" whispered Pansy, giggling with Haven as I dropped into my seat for breakfast a few days later. 

Blaise was already there, stuffing his face.

"What?" I growled, catching Pansy's eye. 

"Marie is going to Slughorn's party with Potter..." Pansy giggled out, chewing some eggs. "...what a fucking joke?"

"Hey." I warned. 

Pansy just threw her hands up in defeat as she turned back to Haven.

"I would think you would be pissed at this, Malfoy." Haven pushed, leaning into the table with a flirty smile. "I mean, she is your girl...right?"

"Haven," I growled, looking up at Blaise who just seemed amused at anything that comes out of Haven's mouth lately.

"Am I wrong?" She asked, crossing her arms and pressing her arms against the table. 

"No." I glared.

"So, are you not pissed that Potter is getting all her time, attention and affection -?" Haven continued to push, but I picked up my fork and pointed it at her.

"- Don't you remember the last time you tried moving in on me, Haven?" I shot, as she grinned at my fork and held her hands up in defeat. "How's the face?"

Her face dropped.

"Savage." smirked Star, dropping beside me as she filled her plate. 

"Is she really going with him?" I asked, in a lower voice without removing my glare from Haven. 

"Yes." Star sighed, looking up at me. "Did you get the necklace?"

"Yes." I answered, moving my eyes from Haven to her. 

"Good," smiled Star, taking a sip of some pumpkin juice. "we'll be dress shopping for dresses tomorrow night, since the party is Saturday, we'll be at Hogsmeade...if anyone," she smirked, looking from Blaise to myself. "...wants to 'drop by.'" she smirked, using air quotes as she made a small biscuit and rose to leave. 

"Wait, where is Baie anyway?" I asked after Star.

"Owlry, she got some mail. I'm meeting her now!" Star called back, disappearing out of the Great Hall.

"So, Saturday night then?" Blaise pushed as he rose his eyebrows to indicate the necklace situation.

I nodded silently.

The sooner I get this old man out of the way, the sooner I could have my girl all myself.