[[ 31 ]]

Rewritten: 1/23/2021

[Baie]

"I'll be right back," smiled Harry, brushing his lips as he attempted to brush away from me for the fifth time tonight.

I hesitated, for a brief millisecond. 

He was moving away from me - again - to go after Draco. He was heading directly for the exit.

I glanced at Star that stood a few feet away and caught her worried eye.

I nodded, and grabbed Harry by the shoulders and pulled as hard as I could, closing the gap between us, landing our lips on each other - again.

Sure we had kissed before, but this time felt...different.

"Um," He swallowed hard as we pulled apart. "that was..."

"...different." I nodded as he slowly nodded back. Hermione appeared by his side, trying to tug at his sleeve, as she did this I dropped my arms from his shoulders and although I was trying to let go of him completely, He took my hands before they could drop by my sides. "Harry, don't you have to rush off again?" I rose an eyebrow, glaring over at a confused Hermione.

"N-No." He blinked.

I swallowed hard.

What did I just do?

"Um, excuse us!" smirked Star, shoving us apart by inserting herself in between us and pushing me to the back wall, away from everyone. "What are you doing?"

"Distracting him." I immediately responded. "The only way to do that to a 16 year old guy, is by seduction."

"Sure," Star nodded, glancing behind her at the stunned Harry remaining in the same spot as we left him. "but what about Draco?"

I hesitated.

I bit my lower lip.

"I've been thinking -" I started, but Star cut me off. 

"- Thinking?! What happened to surviving?" Star inquired.

"I am surviving Star," I growled back, finally breaking eye contact with Harry. "I've been playing this the best way I can, and it's all for what? So that I stay alive long enough to breed with Blaise? Stay alive long enough to see Draco pick someone else over me -?"

"- what are you trying to say, Baie?" Star blinked, but she looked as if she was putting some big picture together in her head. "Are you saying you're starting to like  Potter?"

I shifted a little in my heels.

I crossed my arms and sighed.

My heart felt heavy, but torn.

I hadn't spent that much time with Potter, but so much with Malfoy.

Potter had never stood me up, whereas Malfoy has.

Potter doesn't seem to be jealous - although suspicious of Draco at times - whereas Malfoy seems to be.