「 liquid smooth 」

[ VOLUME ONE ]

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN;
liquid smooth

[ JUNE SIXTH, 94' ]

Hera Potter,

♱

'There are seven worlds in my eyes
I'm accessing of all them once
One to draw my words from and my muses
Another one I try and harness
late at night that lies somewhere
off of the right of Jupiter
And then of course there's this one I live in
The land of a thousand fires
That's where you come in'

AN: what do we think Hera's Patronus is...

I doubted I'd ever find myself in the presence of such a peculiar group again.
Crookshanks led the way through the rickety house, his bristled tail swaying with each step, followed by Remus, Pettigrew and Ron.

Snape's body drifted along eerily, limbs mangled in disarray and his head bobbing up and down.
His own wand was held against him by Sirius, who was beside me with Harry and Hermione in tow.

I was hoping my outlook would've improved as the truth unravelled, but I only found myself sinking deeper into this state of convalescence.

A common trend in the way I felt, I noticed, was that things didn't really 'get good' at a certain point — sure, there were great moments along the way, but those were ephemeral; it never lasted.
The sorrow I buried myself with never left me; on occasion, it would go, only long enough for the dread to manifest itself into my orbit.

Returning through the tunnel was difficult. Our group now had more members, and it had become tight for space.
Remus and Ron stood either side of Pettigrew, their wands raised against him and arms nearly touching.

I was perfectly at ease with my surroundings, and yet I couldn't stop myself placing my hands in my pockets or tilting my face to the ground as I tread through the rubble.

Sirius Black walked in front of me, having total control over Snape's captivity and to my amusement, 'accidentally' bumping Snape's lolling head on the low ceiling.

As we neared the end of the tunnel, Sirius turned around to speak to Harry,
"You know what this means? Turning Pettigrew in?"

"You're free, " Harry said happily.

"Yes... " Sirius breathed, "But I'm also — I don't know if anyone ever told you — I'm your godfather. "

I don't think there was a soul in Hogsmeade who didn't know; the information may have been private, but it was poorly concealed at best.