「 godspeed 」

[ VOLUME FOUR ]

CHAPTER 100;
godspeed

[ FEBRUARY FIFTH, 97' ]

No one in particular,

♱

'Oh, my love, my darling
I've hungered for your touch
A long, lonely time
Time goes by so slowly
And time can do so much
Are you still mine?
I need your love
God speed your love to me

Lonely rivers flow
To the sea, to the sea
To the open arms of the sea
Lonely rivers cry
Wait for me, wait for me
I'll be coming home, wait for me'

          The couple's engagement had rendered them in a cocoon of their own.
On the whole, it seemed as though nothing had changed in their daily routine. They carried out both the mundanities and extremities with equal intensity - Hera had yet to venture outside the comfort of their street corner, yet bore the exquisite ring on her finger with pride in the few places she did stop by.

Neither imagined a fairytale wedding ceremony for themselves; though it went without saying they meant it to be special, the urgency far outweighed the need for perfection.
Perhaps they may have prolonged their engagement were they not anticipating a war in the coming years, but there seemed more excitement in the chaos to which they hadn't accounted for, than there was in what they knew to expect.

Their religions had never been a limiting factor, and likely never would be the way they both saw it:
Hera didn't mind the Jewish customs and found little difference in her own beliefs.
She was more than happy for their future children to adopt some of the traditions, however, each knew this would manifest itself more casually. As Sirius himself had converted initially, he never felt that same liberty should be forced upon her - nor should any children they may have be instilled into it either.

Hera adored the plain gold band and wedding canopy that were included in more traditional ceremonies.
These were aspects she wished to incorporate in some manner, but ultimately, she felt it would be an injustice to convert purely for the sake of their marriage. Rabbis discouraged it more often than not.

Through Sirius, she had fallen in love with talk of any religion and all that came with it. They had their conversations about Buddhism and any form of spirituality that presented itself in life.
There was something beautiful about embracing a higher power in life, be it God or a person with as much love as He.