「 i'll be seeing you 」

[ VOLUME FIVE ]

CHAPTER 122;
i'll be seeing you

[ SEPTEMBER SECOND, 97' ]

No one in particular,

♱

'I'll be seeing you
In all the old familiar places
That this heart of mine embraces
All day through

In that small cafe
The park across the way
The children's carousel
The chestnut trees, the wishing well.

I'll be seeing you
In every lovely summer's day
In everything that's light and gay
I'll always think of you that way

I'll find you in the morning sun
And when the night is new
I'll be looking at the moon
But I'll be seeing you'

         "Do you wish I had waited?" Hera said a few minutes after collapsing on top of him.

Silence ensued once more, the only noise being the rhythmic beating of their hearts.

He frowned in confusion, "Waited for what?"

"As in, do you wish I'd been a virgin when I met you?" She explained, taking his fingers into her own and holding them gently.

"Do you wish I'd been?" Sirius asked pointedly.

"No, you're older. " she shrugged, looking up at him.
"I couldn't have expected you to wait over twenty years for someone you never knew would come. Let alone be yours. "

"If you don't expect it from me, how could I possibly expect it from you?"
Sirius returned, shaking his head, "My only regret about you not waiting is that you didn't have many great experiences. But then, isn't it special that I'm the first to give you that?"

"Sometimes I wish you were my first. " Hera said quietly. "I don't remember much of before, but if you were all I'd ever known — I don't know, it just feels more romantic, somehow. "

"We still had our first time, that goes for everything."
Sirius said assuringly, "I don't think you would've had the confidence to approach me if you had been a virgin. We certainly wouldn't be here, right now, if you weren't. I don't think I could've taken your virginity, it would've got in my head too much. "

Sirius' mind cast to their first sexual encounter.
In the weeks leading up to her birthday, her every interaction with him had been sexually charged — there was no getting around that.
He had to know she wanted him before he could've even considered giving in to her.