「 walking to the bright lights 」

[ VOLUME FOUR ]

CHAPTER NINETY-NINE;
walking to the bright lights

[ JANUARY NINTH, 97' ]

No one in particular,

♱

'There's the moon asking to stay
Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
Well it's my time coming, I'm not afraid to die
My fading voice sings of love
But she cries to the clicking of time

And she weeps on my arm
Walking to the bright lights in sorrow
Drink a bit of wine, we both might go tomorrow. Oh, my love the rain is falling
and I believe my time has come

It reminds me of the pain I might leave behind
And I feel them drown my name
So easy to know and forget with this kiss
I'm not afraid to go but it goes so slow
Wait in the fire, wait in the fire'

          Sometimes, Sirius wondered if he had a delayed reaction to pain, or if he'd merely grown used to it.

He wasn't getting any better. Could it be the weather or withdrawals? Even the sleet on their bedroom window each morning felt like knives under his skin. In some stroke of perversity, Sirius had convinced himself to enter a non-drug period and was rendered completely sex-obsessed.

His anger channelled into his body, only to be kept at bay by the smile across from him. He'd been so dope sick this past week that the only sense he could make in life was to transfer from one addiction to another. A smile from his partner could've turned him on, and he wasn't embarrassed in the slightest.

He'd never felt more in his sexual prowess — Hera and Sirius would stay in almost every day purely to play around with each other. They shared a certain introspection in that they knew this was the best sex of their lives.

The only drawback of this increased libido meant that protection was now of the utmost importance whereas before it had been on the back burner: There was only so much 'divine protection' available.

Hera had been lounging in bed while Sirius lazily smoked from her jewelled shisha listening to an old tape of Nirvana's Nevermind.
A few ill-timed jokes during the song 'Breed' had led to them taking the extra precaution...

'Even if you have, even if you need
I don't mean to stare, we don't have to breed
We can plant a house, we can build a tree
I don't even care, we could have all three'