「 brother 」

[ VOLUME TWO ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE;
brother

[ NOVEMBER TWENTY-FOURTH, 94' ]

No one in particular,

♱

'Frozen in the place I hide
Not afraid to paint my sky
With some who say I've lost my mind
Brother try and hope to find

You were always so far away
I know that pain
So don't you run away like you used to do

Roses in a vase of white
Bloodied by the thorns beside the leaves that fall
Because my hand is pulling them hard as I can'

        Where had the morning gone?

One minute, Hera was stumbling out of bed with tired eyes and the next, she was in her third lesson, and then lunch, and then...

Hera's conversations with Simon were always very energetic, but she mostly felt that jittery sort of anticipation as both Harry and Cedric would be waiting in the champion's tent by now.

Hera couldn't even finish her sausage and egg breakfast muffin, and she loved those to death, even pouring some syrup on the sausage part — which sounded disgusting, but Hera insisted it wasn't and ate despite Simon's teasing.

"We should sneak into the tents, " Simon said, "I mean if it were up to me, you'd be at the top of my 'People Who Can Visit Champions In Tent' list, "

"Thanks, Si, " Hera said in a mix of confusion and amusement.

Simon wasn't joking when he pitched the idea of sneaking into the tent, and as they walked down the stone steps and into the cold November air, his hand would reassuringly ruffle her hair.

It was extremely rare for them to show any type of affection with one another, but God knows Hera needed it at that moment.

Hera recognised Charlie Weasley and his friends on the way there.
She wondered if the Twins' knew he was here...

"So, how do we sneak in?" Hera asked,
"Do we just— "

Simon pushed open one of the linen sheets that served as a sort of side entrance in the tent, making Hera grin sheepishly to herself at how easy it had been.

Fleur Delacour was the first to acknowledge their arrival — sitting strangely composed on a low wooden stool, she tilted her head towards Hera and Simon, nodding ever so slightly before turning around again. So she did remember Hera...