shakedown, nineteen eighty-nine

[ SEPTEMBER FIRST, 89']

No one in particular,

♱

'Cool kids never have the time
On a live wire right up off the street
You and I should meet
Junebug skippin' like a stone
With the headlights pointed at the dawn
We were sure we'd never see an end, to it all

And I don't even care, to shake these zipper blues
And we don't know, just where our bones will rest
To dust I guess, forgotten and absorbed
Into the earth below
Double-cross the vacant and the bored
They're not sure just what we have in store
Morphine city slippin' dues, down to see'

       Hera Potter was debating her decision to go to Hogwarts, and was seconds away from returning to Privet Drive for Harry.
She thought she'd drive herself insane with the guilt of leaving him, even if it was for school.

Hera seldom left Privet Drive, and found King's Cross station to be unlike anywhere she'd ever been before; it was bright, and full of life — a stark contrast to the dullness in her life at the Dursley's, where she only ever left for school, and sometimes the local shops.

The Dursley's must've been feeling kind, as they dropped her off somewhat close to the station, and she hadn't had to walk much further than that. It wasn't like she had wanted them to come in the station with her and ensure her safety — they'd never done that before, and she didn't expect them to start anytime soon, much less for her. Hera felt selfish enough for leaving Harry as it was, and she didn't need them to ruin the little excitement she did have for what was to come. Hera could only hope — as with most things — that she would figure it out.

Hera doubted she'd be able to find the platform as she had limited knowledge of the world she was about to enter, and it was obscured from the sight of non-witches and wizards.

She stuck close to anyone sporting the same uniform as the one in her trunk — Hera felt like she'd been roaming the station of strangers for hours and still hadn't found any help.

Hera felt it was safest for her to stay close to a family with a few children, rather than a random Witch or Wizard. The family she'd been following happened to have two children — one son, and one daughter. The parents walked just a few paces behind — Hera figured they were trying to give their children a more 'grown-up experience', because their eyes never wandered from their children.
Their son looked a few years older, and eager though he was, scanning the platform for his friends, he stayed close to his sister, holding her hand much to her feigned annoyance.