「 make it to the moon 」

[ VOLUME THREE ]

CHAPTER FOURTY-SEVEN;
make it to the moon

[ SEPTEMBER EIGHTH, 95' ]

No one in particular,

♱

'Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know-it-all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you, 'cause
With the birds I'll share this lonely viewin'

Soft spoken with a broken jaw
Step outside but not to brawl and
Autumn's sweet, we call it fall
I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl'

        Harry didn't know how she did it.
And he didn't know why he resented her for it.

He'd been so angry all the time, and where Hera had a seemingly unlimited store of compassion and empathy to those closest to her, Harry found his anger growing at the way she'd been acting.

He'd always considered his sister the coolest person in the world — when things got too bad at the Dursley's, she would take him to Mrs Figg's house so they could watch Michael Jackson on MTV together.
Hera sometimes still teased Harry about how scared he had been of the Thriller Music Video.

Harry hadn't even realised she'd been protecting him from the worst of it until she was gone.
And yet she was never really gone; she did what she had to do, and leaving the Dursley's was the best thing she could've done.

Harry sometimes resented her for getting addicted. She wasn't all that much older than him, but she'd still managed to step up to the job and be the parent figure he had needed. No one ever knew how long she'd been using for, only that she had reached a breaking point two years ago, in 1993.
Only recently had he stopped and thought about why it was so easy for her to get addicted.

Everyone had always told him how similar they were, but now that Harry was older and could recognise his behaviour for what it was, he realised it wasn't much of a compliment anymore.
He was cracking, and the only thing anyone wanted to tell him was that it was in his genes.

Harry didn't think she was so cool now, and that was because he realised all she'd been through, and how all her bad habits had been an outlet of sorts for how she was feeling.
She wasn't always responsible, and there were times when he wished she could be a little more stable — both Potter's had always felt there was something wrong with them, but where Harry felt everything had been solved after finding out he was a Wizard, Hera felt none of that.