「 days of wine and roses 」

[ VOLUME FIVE ]

CHAPTER 114;
days of wine and roses

[ AUGUST SECOND, 97' ]

No one in particular,

♱

'Yes, there were times I'm sure you knew when I bit off more than I could chew. But through it all, when there was doubt I ate it up and spit it out.
I faced it all and I stood tall and did it my way

I've loved, I've laughed and cried. I've had my fill, my share of losing. Now, as tears subside I find it all so amusing. To think I did all that and may I say, not in a shy way. I did it my way

For what is a man, what has he got? If not himself then he has naught. Not to say the things that he truly feels. And not the words of someone who kneels. I took all the blows and did it my way'

CW: miscarriage to some detail.

Hera stood shaking in the darkness, clutching the hazelwood fence into the garden, her heart racing, her throat burning.
It was several moments before she realized that Sirius was there, his arm wrapped around her side affectionately.

Hera followed the cobblestone paving until they were met with the familiar blue door, which Sirius pushed open tentatively.

Immediately, they knew something was wrong.

The blue metal dining chairs were turned on their side, flipped in an array of angles most startlingly.
The exposed brick wall had black singe marks that hadn't been there before, and the orange seat cushions were now a mess of duck feathers that sprawled across the floor and nearby surfaces.

"Ted? 'Dromeda?" Sirius called out nervously.

Everything about the state of the room, and the blazing taciturn brought him back to the aftermath in Godric's Hollow all those years ago.

"Here, " Ted called out, though his voice shook inordinately, elongating the monosyllabic sound.

Hera and Sirius quickly rounded the corner into the kitchen, where Andromeda was slumped upon the back of the kitchen cabinets, desperately trying to drink from a small glass of water.
Her hands kept shaking so that the water, which now only half-filled the glass was largely spattered over her clothes and the floor beside her.