「 demonology 」

[ VOLUME THREE ]

CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE;
demonology

[ MID OCTOBER, 95' ]

No one in particular,

♱

'My love-life grabbed it. My numbed love-life
With its two mad needles,
Embroidering their rose, piercing and tugging
At their tapestry, their bloody tattoo
Somewhere behind my navel,
Treading that morass of emblazon,
Two mad needles, criss-crossing their stitches,
Selecting among my nerves
For their colours, refashioning me
Inside my own skin, each refashioning the other
With their self-caricatures,
Their obsessed in and out. Two women
Each with her needle'

        Hera leaned against the rain-washed window, feeling an involuntary smile stretch across her face as Fred and George demonstrated their perfected Skiving Snack boxes to a cheering and whooping crowd in the common room.

First, Fred would take a bite out of the orange end of a chew, at which he would vomit spectacularly into a bucket they had placed in front of them. Then he would force down the purple end of the chew, at which the vomiting would immediately cease.
Lee was assisting the demonstration and would pick up the bucket at intervals, miming as though he was about to throw it over those people closest in the crowd before lazily vanishing the vomit.

She watched George projectile vomit into the bucket, gulp down the rest of the chew, and straighten up, beaming with his arms wide to protracted applause.

Allie was strangely quiet, and Hera felt it had something to do with her feeling out-of-the-loop from everyone. 
Where Allie had loved having her own room at first, it had grown quite lonely when she was so used to having people there every waking minute. And though she was beginning to count Terrence Higgs as one of her friends, Allie felt they didn't have much in common outside of being Head Boy and Girl together. That, and he couldn't exactly compare to her Gryffindor friends and the fun they had.

Hera was feeling slightly drowsy — between the glowing firelight and the temperature of so many people in the common room, she pressed her face to the cool glass and sighed.

Ange came struggling towards them through all the gossiping students, stopping to talk to Harry and Ron, and then Katie on the couch; she glared at Fred, George and Lee as she passed them, narrowly missing them throwing up on her.

"I've got permission to reform the Quidditch team!" Ange could barely contain her excitement as she sat on the other side of Allie.

"Great!" Allie grinned and Hera bit her lip, smiling too.