「 outshined 」

[ VOLUME TWO ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX;
outshined

[ OCTOBER THIRTY-FIRST, 94' ]

No one in particular,

♱

'Show me the power child, I'd like to say
That I'm down on my knees today
And it gives me the butterflies, gives me away
Till I'm up on my feet again
I'm feeling, I'm feeling outshined
Outshined, outshined, outshined'

CW: this chapter mildly discusses suicidal thoughts towards the end.

People love broken people.
'Nowadays a broken heart will run to many editions'.

When you're hurt, you attract hurt people.
It's one of the reasons friendships made when 'using' never last — once you try and better things for yourself, you've lost the appeal that brought people to you in the first place.

It didn't take much guessing for Hera to realise the cost of her sobriety. She knew it was for the best that she didn't associate herself with people who would only encourage a downward spiral in her, but she couldn't help but think back on the fun she had through a rose-tinted lens.

She hadn't even attempted to enter the tournament with her friends... Was she really that boring now?

"Anyone put their name in, then?" Hera asked animatedly, sliding on the bench to sit beside Alicia. Grabbing a piece of toast and a spoonful of scrambled eggs, Hera spread it around on the toast with the back of her spoon.

"Everyone from Durmstrang, " Alicia replied, "But I haven't seen anyone from Hogwarts yet... "

Three distinct voices laughed — Fred, George and Lee were pelting down the staircase, a triumphant look on their faces.

"Done it, " Fred announced, "Just taken it!"

"Done what?" Alicia's brow furrowed.

"The Aging Potion, of course!" Fred replied, grinning.

"One drop each, " George clapped his hands together gleefully, "We only need to be a few months older. "

"If one of us wins, we're going to split a thousand Galleons between the three of
us!" Lee exclaimed.

"I'm not sure this is going to work, you know, " Hermione said disapprovingly, "I'm sure Dumbledore will have thought of this... "

"Ready?" Fred said to the others, ignoring Hermione's worries as he was practically quivering with excitement,
"C'mon, then, twats — I'll go first — "