「 what the hell have i 」

[ VOLUME TWO ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN;
what the hell have i? little pride

[ NOVEMBER THIRTEENTH, 94' ]

No one in particular,

♱

'The face before me flies
Laughs at me inside
Masks are made to hide the glow
Shining eyes
Something I should say
It takes you every day
What you give is not alive today

Your soul served on a plate
Throw it away
It's hard to start things over
You can feel the fire around us
All the time
What the hell have I?
Little pride'

Padfoot,

I'm alright, at least until I'm alone
— and lately, that's all the time.
It feels like there's nothing left for me,
I know you would understand better than anyone.

        To top it all off, Hera had barely spoken to her friends the past two weeks.
At first, she was fine hanging out with Alicia, but it had soon grown tedious having to split time between Alicia and the others.

After telling her friends about her emancipation, she received mixed responses:

It was Angelina's behaviour that upset Hera the most — Hera had always felt Ange had a better understanding of her than anyone else. Hera was beginning to realise they were on entirely different pages.

"You hear that sound?" Ange had said, "That's your freedom fluttering out the window forever. "

Hera couldn't recall the number of times she had told Ange this was what she wanted, and now it was a reality; Ange seemed unsupportive.

Looking back, Hera figured Ange didn't like the person she was becoming — she wasn't reckless like she used to be.
She didn't live day by day anymore, waiting for her next fix, and Hera certainly wasn't going to let Harry lay down and die the way everyone expected him to.

Hera remembered a sinking feeling in her chest at Ange's disapproval,
"You know I've wanted this since I was little — I don't see it that way at all, "

"I think it's a great idea... " Alicia had said weakly, torn at the idea of conflict in the group.

"This is supposed to be the best time of your life. " Ange had laughed, "Are you really going to sign your life away?"
"It's just a bit pointless, really. By the time Harry's of age, you'll be like twenty. You don't ever get that time back, and I can't think of one guy who'd want someone with a kid at twenty — because that's essentially what Harry is, you didn't need to go through all this legal shit when he already considered you a mother figure. "