Chapter 29

This chapter is available on Ireader

CATHERINE

"WHERE IS SHE?!" All the harem girls jump in fright when she shouted. Her fist were clenched,she could feel her own blood boiling in anger.

"Who are you looking for, my lady?" Denaya asked her. Keeping her head low on respect.

"Mabella?! Where is she?!" The harem girl exchange look before Denaya nods her head and look at her again.

"Mabella was in her room my lady. She didn't join us for tea time." After Denaya said that, she turned around and left the girls there. Sky had told her about it. Well, she didn't want too but she forced her. Later again they will have a talk.

When she finally reached Mabella's room, she quickly pushed the door open, ready to punish her for what she did. But the sight that greeted her made her stop.

Catherine's jaw dropped in shock! The room was messy! The curtains were ripped from it's hinge! And there were blood splattered all around! On the ground lays two maids! There stomach were rip open! There faces were barely recognizable! And on the bed... On the bed lays Mabella! Dead! Her chest was rip open, her lower jaw was missing, her fingers were broken! Her other arm was rip apart! And her face was clawed! Her eyeball was hanging out of her eye socket! It was just so terrible!

SKY

she sat there on her bed, chewing at her nails nervously. She saw how angry Catherine looks, lake she's about to kill someone! She needs to stop her and explain that what happened to her was just an accident, that Mabella didn't really mean it.

She closed her eyes and sighed. Oh was she kidding? It was definitely intentional, Mabella wanted to hurt her for accepting flowers from a friend!

"But why was she jealous?" Sky asked aloud. She didn't get why would Mabella react that way. Maybe the two had an affair? But it will be a crime! And lord Isaac is too kind. He seems kind.

"Lady Sky." She looks up to see a guard standing just outside her door.

"Yes?" She stood up and stared at him

"The queen demands to see you in the court room."

LENA

"THERE WAS ANOTHER CRIME! THIS IS VERY CONCERNING!"

"Please lord Barren, calm down." Lady Catya said while Lena stood in front of the dead body staring at it.

"Calm down?! My daughter is dead? And you didn't even do anything! You let the murder run free!" The crime was so brutal, Lena thought, who ever did this, is angry... Whoever did this wanted to have revenge.

"You have a beast inside this castle! Why aren't you doing anything?!" Lena sensed that the question was meant for her, so she faced him.

"We don't have a lead yet. We couldn't just run around and accuse everyone." She said as calm as she can.

"Why? You did that seventy years ago! You accused the werepeople for the crime that they not commit?! So what's stopping you now?" Lena's eyebrow rose, the man was clearly driven by his anger, he dare to raise his voice.

"Do you want to join your daughter?" She said pointing at Mabella, Lord Barren's body stiffen but he still looks angry.

"Just raise your voice again... And I will let you join her. " She gave him a warning look before she looks at the door as it open revealing Sky. Lena felt guilty bringing her mate in here, but there was a witness, saying that it was Sky who last saw Mabella. Next to her came the other three werewolves who looks very apologetic at her.

"Lena? Do we really have to involve her here? " Catherine asked in hush tone. She could only nods her head.
Everyone was staring at her and she knows it makes Sky feel conscious about herself.

"Sky, please step forward." It was lady Esmeralda who spoke, Sky took a step forward and now she's standing in the middle of the room with their eyes on her.

"We called you here for a trial. As you can see, Lady Mabella was found dead in her room with two of her maids. One of her maids claims that you were the last person to talk and to have a fight with her." Lady Esmeralda began, sounding as nice as she can be, the look of shock on Sky's face was very evident, she knows nothing about the crime.

"Are... Are you saying that... I killed her?" Lena clenched her fist when Sky looked hurt.

"We're not accusing you of anything yet my love." She said, giving Sky an encouraging smile, hoping that it'll help her feel a little better.

"We need you to be honest. And tell us what happened." Lord Isaac added standing next to Lady Esmeralda.

"Well... My sister and I just got out of the library. We were on our way to get to our room and have a chat when we bump into lord Isaac. We talked about the orphanage and he asked me if I would like to visit the orphanage with him and I said yes. After he turn his back, the next thing I know was Mabella attacking me. She pulled my hair and pushed me on the ground." Sky looks down into her hand and swallowed.

"My wolf felt threatened by her and so I reacted and accidentally clawed her in her stomach. But I didn't mean it." Sky looks at them.

"LIAR!!! YOU'RE A LIAR! MY DAUGHTER WOULDN'T DO THAT! SHE'S A GENTLE GIRL! SHE WOULDN'T HURT ANYONE!" sky flinches when lord Barren shouted at her, pointing his finger at her.

"Oh please! Like you even know your daughter." Soraya chided in, everyone stared at her.

". Soraya! What are you doing here?" Lady Esmeralda asked in surprise.

"Came here to watch the drama. And I'm glad I did. Hello Sir Barren pleased to meet you! And may I say that your name suits you? Your head is as barren as the desert in the Land of Dairahara." Soraya then rolled her eyes and sat on one of the chair.

"Anyway did I heared you claiming that Mabella was a gentle girl? Man your wrong. Mabella is the most spoiled rotten brat that I've ever met and no way in hell that she's gentle. I mean she screams at the top of her lungs when her maid brought her the wrong corset. Did I tell you that she has a terrible voice?" Everyone stared at Soraya in shock.

"How dare you to disrespect my daughter? You are tainting her good image and reputation!" Everyone held lord Barren down when he tried to attack Soraya.

"Oh no! I did no such thing. She's the one who tainted her own so called good image." Lena Slams her fist against the table silencing everyone.

"That's enough Soraya! Leave!" Soraya shakes her head.

"I'm a witness. I saw something, but I won't speak yet. I wanna hear the dogs first." Soraya purred as she looks at the leader of the three wolves. Ashton, the leader cleared his throat before he speak.

"We did some investigating. There was a similar scent that was left on the two victims body. The strong scent is the same as the scent of princess Sky."