Chapter 53

SKY

Everyone gather around in a circle. They were only a few people coming with them. The rest of the soldiers were left in the cities to defend it against the nigh hordes.

"Is everyone ready?" Her father asked them and everyone nods there heads as a reply. Lena and Catherine held her close to them. Her hands were shaking and she must admit that she is scared, she felt uneasy about this one, was it because she was pregnant? They need to be careful, It was not only her life in line... But also her children's lives.

"Are you alright?" Lena asked her, she only nods her head and kept her firm grasp on Lena and Catherine's hand.

"Is everyone ready? We leave in a few seconds, no matter what happen do not step out of the sigil. After we arrive there it will still give us protection." Lord Borington said. Everyone stood there and waited patiently until the whole sigil lights up and they were swallowed by the blinding light that surrounds it, Sky had to close her eyes and when she opened it again they were back in the place where Magan brought her new body. She saw Lysandra, or more likely Lysandra's skeletons. Her body was drained to the brink leaving just the husk of her body.

"So she's dead." She heard Lena said while looking at Lysandra, Sky felt chills as Lena stared at Lysandra's body without even an ounce of emotion.

"Good for her." Lena murmured before she stood in the middle.

"We will divide our group into two. The other group will go with Sabel and Guinever. While the other will go with us." All of them looks at the entrance when they heard shrieking.

"Split." Lena said and everyone moves. There group consist of Soraya, Cornelia, Esmeralda Catherine, her and Lena. While Sabel is with their father, Ava, Cornelia's daughters, Crystal and Guinever. She just hope that they made it in time.

"Do you remember the way to Magan's throne room?" Lena asked her as they walk. She was pretty guarded, she was in the middle of the group.

"Just straight up ahead." She said,.But before they could take another step a group of night hordes stood in front of them. They were nastier than before, Lena stood in front of Sky shielding her from the beast.

"Goodness I hate seeing them." Catherine murmured as black flames appeared on her hand, and dark shadows rise from the ground.

Lena on the other hand withdraws her sword the other did the same.

"Soraya! Protect Sky." Soraya nods her head and pull Sky back.

" I can fight." She told Lena, but she didn't listen she just prepared while the night hordes came running towards them.

"We can't risk getting you tired Sky, we are reserving you for the last." Soraya said winking at her. Sky watched as Lena and the others found. They didn't even break a sweat finishing the creatures.

"Weak?" Soraya said looking at the dead beasts.

"Yes, they are weak." Sky said looking at Soraya who seems confused.

"Is...there something wrong?" Soraya sighed and shake her head, she then looks at her with a worried look

"Something is not right Sky... Do you feel it?" Sky looks at the dead bodies of the night hordes... Yes... She could feel it now, something is definitely not right.

SABEL

"Are you sure that we are following the correct path?" Guinever asked, there group is walking in the dark hallway aimlessly, they kept on changing route, turning every few minutes.

" The book here says that thomb is actually moving. It can be sometime be found on the different temple located around the kingdom."Sabel explained stopping and then she looks at everyone.

" Are you saying that the thomb... Can't be in here? It can be around the kingdom?! What kind of a fucking thomb is that?!" Ava asked looking pissed.

" Well... I was hoping it was in here." She said closing the book.

"We can only hope that it is in here. There is also another temple in the south, and in the west. But I don't know where the temple in east is. No one had seen the temple there in ages." Sabel's father said leaning against the wall, when it suddenly move and her father falls in.

"General? Are you alright?" Czarina asked helping the general on his feet. Everyone peeks inside the room that was filled with gold and jewels. It was like a treasure room.

"I think we found the thomb." Ava said stepping inside, Sabel followed her and walks to the thomb that was in the middle of the room. It was already ruined and there was a blood sigil around it.

"This is where her strength is coming. If we close this everything will end, we would defeat her." Sabel then kneeled down and open the book again. She looked for the page where the instructions of how to close the portal is. If she could perform it successfully then everything will be fine.

"Can you do it?" Guinever asked looking at worried, Sabel smiled at her and nods her head, She can do it

SKY

They finally reached the throne room where Magan is. She was sitting on her throne with one arm missing and still bleeding. On her side stood Isaac holding his sword ready to fight.

"You traitor!!!" Catherine shouted full of raged.

" No! It is you who betrayed us, your family." Isaac fires back making Catherine's jaw clench. Whole the two was busy shouting at each other, Sky could really feel something was off. Why are there no night hordes in the room, Why was Magan casually sitting on the throne looking at her. Why was the beasts that was sent to them were weak? What's going on?

Could it be.... That this is a trap?

A/N

Hello everyone, so sorry for the long wait, it's just for the past few days I think I'm having a writer's block.... I don't know what's happening to me. I hope you could understand. Again sorry for the long wait and I hope you like this chapter.

Please don't forget to vote and comment. Stay safe everyone 🤗