20| The Good Guy

Zahrah's POV

"Uh......" With his neck clutched, Benjamin's beautiful cheeks rapidly flushed red. A pair of fleshy big hands sparing no effort tried to get out of Adam's hands, and a whimper couldn't help but escape my mouth.

"Let go of him!" For the first time, the fiery flash was directed to Adam, as both of his hands clutched mercilessly toward the guy now pinned to the wall, "His quieted attitude is frustrating me, a person just died... Our friend just died, and he sits here analyzing, playing his next move just like them." 

"Hey!" Benjamin's eyes flashed, a strange laugh emerged evilly from the corner of his mouth as he singlehandedly removed Adam's hand, "This is absurd,"  

"Ah!" I was alarmed and struggled to breathe. 

It couldn't be!

"He is one of them!" Adam accused.

The Professor didn't break his determined stride or even look in his direction as he snapped, "I am leaving."

With those long unfamiliar words, My nerves melted away. Focusing on what the painters used to say when they were accused multiple times, 'I am guilty of nothing, I am mere disturbance,' 

However,  I had to wonder at his grumpy attitude, though. Had he found something? Putting aside my curiosity, I turned my attention to Adam, who seemed to be terrified by the possibility of their existence near him as his face washed with various colors.

I followed the professor upstairs as he stared at me and the air around us seemed charged with the same sparks that I felt flowing between us once in the elevator. I gulped and breathed heavily, all the while wondering if he felt the same urging I did. 

Neither of us said anything until we got into the car and drove toward my house a little further down the road in an alley as mere my instructions as I noticed something lurking from behind. By the time we reached there, still in silence, I was nervous as he seemed to be in the same situation as me. His next question to me was: "Why weren't you fazed by the accusations?"

"Didn't you wonder why he accused me?" The rich, deep sound sending shivers down my spine, and my heart sped.

I felt all the breath leaving his lungs in a whoosh when I suddenly shouted, "STOP." as he looked at me in bewilderment. At the same time, he put his hands on the car break, and I formed an inescapable cage with my arms around him as I sat in the car, and his warm breath washed over me as I leaned in to whisper in his ear.

Ya Allah forgive me!

"You can't go home, Chance,"  He raised his hand slowly, and I thought wrong when I thought it was to engage me further, but in reality, it was to shut me down by his hands. He pulled my arms away from his shoulders. 

"Miss Ezz," he murmured, his eyes shining with warmth and something different than usual, something Serious . . . something that sent a shiver of desire and anticipation down my spine. "I'm sorry if I sent the wrong message, but I have someone."