15| When Benjamin Ruined it

Zahrah's POV 

Nervousness eating me up, I stood from where my group rested in the library's designated area. I gathered my books into a neat pile in front of me and shut off my laptop as soon as the clock hit 5 pm.

Their chatter stops abruptly, watching as I move.

"Jeez, he seems to have grouped his favorites." Safia comments on Dr. Florentino, "Where is Doctor Danial?"

"Where are you heading to?" Karmel disrupted Safia's ranting.

I was building an excuse when my eyes travel to land on him, walking out. Not alone, but followed by Jess and a group of other girls.

Those groups seem not to favor their psychologist and physician duo who are responsible for the Practice of Medicine (POM) sessions, so that they would follow Florentino for 'tips and tricks.'

"Are you the one of numerous he picked?" Safia's inferring eyes ground mine as hers didn't indicate anything referring to teaching as she seems to understand that I am going to follow him.

My eyebrow rose, "Gross, no, I would never." I blurt as Karmel laughs, while Junaid seems to be deep into a conversation on his phone that he doesn't pay us any attention, "I will just see if he gives them anything useful we can use!" I lie.

"Wait up!" I hear Karmel shout, but ignore her requests and follow it by, "You guys continue, I'll catch up with you tomorrow." and leave.

I do not realize that I accompanied those girls subconsciously until I find myself in front of his office, with the door wide open.

The girls chatter wash over me as some of them stood beside his table, and some sat on the two chairs provided in his office, listening with half an ear as I finally catch Florentino's eyes. "Miss Ezz, remain. The rest of you leave."

His gaze never left my own as he dismissed the girls with casual indifference as if they weren't deserving of reasons why even his usual humor touch isn't added.

From the sharp intakes and disapproved signs from the girls that were now behind me, I knew that the Professor's attitude had its rebuked effect.

From the glares aimed to my direction as they walked off, Jess reluctantly left the room; it was no secret that they wondered about the reasons.

I also didn't doubt that Professor Florentino's next words wouldn't relate to the field. Knowing that, I went ahead and took a seat in front of him.

I hadn't heard what they were planning, but I won't ruin it. Anything getting me close to them is something— flashes of before and after assaulted my mind as every time I think about it, the trauma stir back up.

The suit of anger seems to take my whole demeanor. I shut my eyes, trying to remember everything taught in therapy sessions.