02| Things Don't Stay The Same

Zahrah's POV

I released a deep breath that I had been holding in ever since I knew who Emilia was as I see an unfamiliar face of a woman coming towards my way with my older brother, Fahad.

"Emilia, THAT Emilia?" My father looked at me with the 'where are your manners' look.

The same devilish smile has arisen on the face of the Bernadette with the icy green eyes. "Please don't tell me, Fahad is thinking of marrying that bitch," I whispered to myself.

I probably got lost in memories cause my father had to nearly yell out my name for me to snap out of a trance. 

"Zahrah,"

I quickly directed my eyes to my father, who was still snapping his fingers in front of me. I couldn't help but say, "You can't allow him to do that," 

"Do what?" Baba asked, confused.

"Nothing," I answered, waiting for someone to explain who the hell invited her and why she is holding my brother.

"You haven't changed at all," Emilia said. 

"Could say the same thing about you," I replied. "Still working at burger king, I presume?"

She laughs with that annoying voice I dreaded for so long as I was about to practice what I learned from boxing classes on her; Fahad intervened, "Chill," he then took my hand and said, "Come, let's take a walk,"

"Ya Allah, I am going to kill you, Fahad," I said, looking at him, "From all the girls in the world, you had to pick Emilia Chadwell," I say, frustrated.

"She told everyone the one secret I tried to hide, and everyone refused to talk to me after that, even my friends; most of my prayers were for Allah to banish her and her clan," I yelled, "And you knew that," I said.

"Why do you assume it's me who is married to her," Fahad said as I let that information sink in. "You mean to tell me that Baba is planning to marry that girl," I said laughingly.

"Who said plan? He already married her, Six Months," Fahad says as I gasp, "Why do you think I was hesitant to visit Mama because I was afraid to tell you who Baba married." 

As Fahad explained furthermore on the situation, he said that Baba held a small ceremony in the house and only a few people were invited. Fahad said that he couldn't say anything since Baba hasn't been happier and he has been keeping it a secret for three months.

"If Mama could accept me back, I would pack my bags and go right now, but I know she wouldn't," I explained. 

"Mama got married and found her happiness, so why don't you give Baba a break and get to know her," Fahad said.