03| Everything Is Fine

Zahrah's POV

"Ya Allah grant me sabr," My father murmured. "Allah granted me three boys, No daughters," He said, looking toward me.

"How many times should I apologize before you forgive me, Baba," I said, mastering my best puppy face expression. 

"You broke the poor women's face, and all you could say is sorry and not even apologize to her," Baba said, trying to hold in his anger that became apparent on his red face.

"How could I know that her fake nose would break like that," I said before Baba cut me off, "Aren't you going to apologize to her? " 

I laughed, "I apologize to her. No way," I said before I continued, "I needed to go to the fifth floor to meet the new therapist you assigned."

As I was about to leave my family, who was waiting outside the room of Emilia, I found my mother running toward us as Abo-Ahmad was trying to keep up with her.

"Ohh Alhamdulillah, Nothing is wrong with you" My mother pulled me into a side hug before she kissed my cheeks. 

"Why are you here ?" I said, confused.

"I went into 'track my iPhone' and sow that your phone was placed in the hospital, so I came to check on you," She pulls back and holds me at arm's length.

"Couldn't you call first ?" Fahad said.

"Ohh you," My mother said before gripping my older brother, Fahad, by his ears, "How could you not talk to your mother or visit her for three months," 

"Mama, people are watching," Fahad whispered as Mama didn't even care, "Let them see my ungrateful son who I carried for nine months, and then he forgets he has a mother," My mom said.

"Baba ?" Fahad begged.

"Leave me out of this boy," My father said as he escaped.

Abo-Ahmad didn't do anything and just stood there as for Youssef he was laughing his guts out. "Mama, I had a lot of cases to work through, and I have my first hearing tomorrow, first chair," My brother said in a whisper, trying to calm mama down.

"I am an ortho surgeon, and I still have time to call my mother and take care of Ahmad and also call you from now and then," My mother added, bashing his lame excuse.

"I am sorry," he said as my mother left his ear after turning it bright red, and Fahad kissing my mother's forehead. He was a twenty-five-year-old man, but brown moms don't see that. They only see a kid that needs bashing when they are wrong, and that is what I appreciate.

My phone kept ringing as I saw the caller ID, Therapist.

"Ohh ya, I completely forgot, I need to meet with the therapist Baba scheduled," I said, "She is waiting for me on the fifth floor,"  I said goodbye to everyone and left.