29

haechan and I were walking around the block. I can't deny it was late but sometimes walking with the right person in the middle of the night feels better than sleeping for 10 hours.

"haechan?" he looked at me as soon as I called him "yes?" "are you close with your mother?" haechan looked at the ground before raising his head "was, I don't know where she is right now." My eyes widened as I realized the mistake I've made "I'm sorry" "no, it's okay don't be."

"I'm sorry but can I ask what do you mean by you don't know where she is, if you don't mind telling me"

"when mark hyung was born, my father married another woman. He didn't tell anyone until his first wife was pregnant with Jeno. One day, my father told his first wife that he married another, and she is pregnant." Haechan and I sat down on a bench as he continued

"Then Jeno was born and I was born after a few months. Both wives ran away one day, let's just say my father was and still is kind of crazy. I always felt scared to be around my brothers thinking they hate me, and I was the reason for them losing their mother. Until one day, they told me they love me which lifted a huge weight off my shoulders. I would be lying if I told you I never think of how things would have been if I wasn't born. Sometimes I try avoiding these thoughts, but it just feels like everything would have been better, you know?"

"I know what you mean, growing up I never got to spend time with my parents like other kids. They were always working trying to provide the best for me after my graduation not knowing what will happen after. Sometimes I think of how things would have been if I wasn't a star. I probably wouldn't have gotten bullied or maybe my parents would have had it easier."

I took a glance at haechan before smiling "I think we finished the first step; opening up to each other" haechan smiled at me "you're easy to talk to" said he turning his head facing me "you too" I said resting my head on his shoulder while he rested his head on mine. My heart was beating like crazy, but it felt calm at the same time. Words can't describe how I felt, but it was like swimming in stars.