48

"hi" I said when I saw the two of them siting on the doorsteps. "oh, hey! Are you ready?" asked Yuta standing up to which I nodded my head.

Jisung stood up as I asked "did I take too long?" Yuta shook his head smiling "we just got here."

"Eunbyul? Did someone slap you?" asked Jisung concerned "your cheeks look red" I touched my cheeks and they felt hot. Why on earth am I still blushing.

"did you just call her Eunbyul?!" Yuta raised his voice, but he was still calm "she told me to call her by her name." Yuta was taken back "really?" Jisung hummed at Yuta "why?" "cause she feels old" said Jisung proudly "oh, okay"

I rolled my eyes at the boys and walked faster so they can also fasten their pace. "you haven't told Jisung about you and haechan yet, have you?" asked Yuta whispering  "no, I'll tell him later. Have you told Ms. Victoria we're coming?" I asked "yes, yesterday."

"okay then come on we don't want to be late" I said loud enough for Jisung to hear me.

We were two blocks away from Ms. Victoria's house when something that looked like yellow tape caught my eyes. "what's that?" I asked worried. "come on" said Yuta running to where the tape was while Jisung and I followed.

There were policemen standing around with a crowd watching. Unfortunately, it was Ms. Victoria's house.

"what's going on?" Yuta asked a policeman that was holding a black notebook. "the lady who lives here was found dead by one of the neighbors"

Everything seemed blurry, my cheeks felt wet. What did I just hear?

"what did you just say?" Yuta's voice cracked "no, no, no. she's there, waiting for us!" Yuta pointed to the house that felt foreign. It felt empty now.

"let me go to her. She's waiting for me. She said she'll meet us today!" Yuta was trying to get to the house but the policemen we're holding him back "LET ME IN!"

At that moment, a group of four men walked out of the house lifting what looked like a body covered in white sheets. An arm fell out of the covers, I knew at that moment, she was gone.

"bring her back! She's alive! She promised me we'll meet today!" Yuta fell on his knees and I ran to him

"she promised me Eunbyul."

I patted Yuta's head and hugged him while whipping my tears.

She really is gone.