28

I opened my eyes and looked around me, everyone was sleeping peacefully. mark and Taeyong were sleeping on the sofas. Jeno, Jisung and I were sleeping in our sleeping bags everyone was there except for him. I looked up as I saw someone walking out of the door.

Standing up, I took two blankets with me expecting the whether to be cold. Why is he awake at this time?

I held the doorknob slowly and quietly and opened the door. After putting the blanket on his back, I sat down next to him and looked at the dark blue sky. "why are you awake?" I asked not looking at him "I couldn't sleep, you?" "I woke up before you left" "I'm sorry for waking you up" haechan looked at me as he apologized "It's okay, I'd rather be awake then leave you alone like this." I said looking back at him "am I interrupting?" I asked "no, not at all"

"look at that big star" haechan pointed at a star which was shinier and brighter than all the other stars, it was beautiful. "what about it?" "it's different than the other stars surrounding it, but it doesn't mean that it's ugly or it doesn't deserve to exist. it's special just like you, that was what my mother used to tell me, and I think that applies to you too."

I gave haechan a smile before looking back at the bright star. It really is the most beautiful star that I've seen. It's different, but it shines brighter than the others.

Haechan words made me feel somewhat more connected to him. it felt like we share our biggest concern; not fitting in with others. I've known haechan for a long time, but I never knew him on a personal level. I don't know what's happening in his life, but it felt like he need someone who understands him on a deeper level. It felt like he was needing someone to hold his hand and help him stand again. For some reason I felt like I want it to be me. No, it has to be me. I'm going to make haechan happy again, I'm going to bring back the bright haechan I know. We can't let people control us and drag us down. We are special and we know it.

I took haechan's hand and stood up "come on" "where are we going?" haechan asked standing up "we're going to find the values in our life equation" I answered confident "like x and y?" "yup!"
⭐️