Chapter 17

The four of them had ordered in some wraps and shakes for lunch through an app. After a good afternoon nap, they decided to go to Mahabaleshwar which was about 20 kms uphill from Panchghani. It had started getting cloudy as they drove.

They first went to the Lodwick point and the Elephant's head point. One could see the Elephant's head point from the Lodwick point where one could see the rock shaped in the form of an elephant head including the trunk. A 250 meter walk from the Lodwick's point on a narrow ridge took you to the elephant head shaped overhanging rock.

Shehnaaz was busy capturing everything on her phone. She didn't even realize she was about to trip and fall but Sidharth caught her in the nick of time.

"Tu phone andar rakh pehle. Firse girne wali thi abhi. Sar foot jaata. Pathar hai idhar." Sidharth scolded her.

"Chilla kyun raha hai?" Shehnaaz pouted sadly.

"Aise ghadon wale harkatein karegi toh chillaunga nahi?" Sidharth asked.

"Mujhe sab capture karna tha naa phone mein." Shehnaaz said.

"Aankhon ko lens bana le aur dimag mein capture kar le. Phone ki zarurat nahi padegi." Sidharth said.

"Aaaaahhhhhh please naa Sidharth kitna beautiful hai sab. Mujhe sab memories chahiye." Shehnaaz cried like a baby.

"Theek hai haath pakad ke chal fir jitna capture karna hai kar." Sidharth said finally holding his hand out for her.

Shehnaaz held it happily in a second without even thinking and went back capturing the beauty of the surroundings with her phone.

Sidharth held her hand tight making sure she doesn't fall as they reached the end of the ridge.
The valley view from this point was spectacular. The clouds had already started descending and the entire atmosphere was so calming and so peaceful that one would not want to move away and just soak in the beauty of nature.

"Haayee mere toh samajh nahi aa raha kaunsi jagah zyada khoobsurat hai. Sab ki sab kitni pyaari hai naa?" Shehnaaz asked admiring the beauty of the place and Sidharth nodded.

"Bahut khoobsurat hai." Sidharth said while looking at Shehnaaz.

"Chalo chalte hai. Boating bhi karni hai. Baarish shuru ho uske pehle kar lein toh acha hai. Thand bahut badh rahi hai already." Ayesha said after sometime.

They all agreed and headed to Venna lake. Venna lake is a beautiful man-made lake surrounded by lush greenery. They settled for a 1 hour boat ride in a rowing boat with an oarsman. It had been only about 15 mins into the boat ride when they were literally surrounded by clouds and it started raining. It became incredibly cold. Initially they enjoyed the experience but eventually it became extremely difficult to bear. The girls literally started shivering. Ayesha was clinging to Rishabh already.

Sidharth pulled Shehnaaz closer and rubbed her back and hands.

"Are you okay?" Sidharth asked gently and Shehnaaz nodded.

"Bhaiya aap wapas le lo boat ko. Thand bahut hai. Bimar padd jayenge aise." Sidharth told the oarsman.

"Ji sahab. Aap logo ko aadat nahi hogi iski. Sardi lag gayi toh nikalna mushkil hota hai." said the oarsman as he started turning the boat around.

By the time they reached the shore, Shehnaaz was freezing. Sidharth held her tight and close. He walked her up to a small stall which served tea and coffee. They ordered for tea and the hot liquid managed to get some life into the pale looking Shehnaaz. She felt a little better after gulping down a couple of cups.

"Sidharth." Shehnaaz squeaked.

"Haan baby? Theek hai tu?" Sidharth asked concerned.

"Haan main theek hoon par mujhe woh bhutta khaana hai." Shehnaaz said pointing at the corn cob vendor.