Chapter 5

"Chalo good. Contractor finalize hogaya." Ayesha said as she sat on the sofa pulling a cushion on her lap. The others also settled in.

"Guys tea or coffee? Kya piyoge?" Shehnaaz asked.

"Chaiiiiiiiiiiiii." Said Rishabh.

"Chai is good." Sidharth said.

"Chal main aati hoon help karne." Ayesha said getting up.

"Arre tu baith aaram se main chai chadha ke aayi do minute mein." Shehnaaz said as she walked into the kitchen.

She quickly put the water to boil in a vessel along with some lemon grass and grated ginger. She placed some biscuits in one plate and some homemade namkeen mathri in another to serve along with the tea.

Meanwhile, Ayesha walked into the kitchen. "Sanu yaar. Tu thakti nahi hai kya? Itna khana bana bana ke?" Ayesha asked as she hugged her.

"Tujhe pata hai na mujhe khana banana kitna pasand hai. Stress buster hai mere liye khana banana. It's almost therapeutic." Shehnaaz said as she added the tea powder in the now boiling water.

"Haan par phir bhi. Rest bhi toh lena chahiye na." Ayesha said.

"Le. To main kaunse lakdi kaat rahi hoon? Chai hi to bana rahi hoon. Usmein kaunsa teer maarna hai? Acha Rishabh aur tera toh pata hai, Sidharth kitni shakkar leta hai woh pooch ke aa." Shehnaaz said as she added the milk to the boiling concoction.

"Arre aaj subah apne ghar pe hi chai pilayi hai usko. Ek chamach leta hai woh." Ayesha said.

Shehnaaz brought the cups out from the kitchen cabinet and started adding sugar to them. She added 1 teaspoon of sugar in two cups for the boys and 2 teaspoons of sugar each for Ayesha and herself. She poured the tea into the cups and stired the sugar in and carried the tray out. Ayesha helped her carry the plates with the biscuits and the mathri out which they placed on the center table. Shehnaaz handed the respective cups of tea to each of them and settled on the single seater sofa and pulled her legs up and crossed them as she sipped into her tea.

"Waah yaar. Kya mast chai bani hai. Mazza aa gaya." Rishabh said.

Sidharth picked up the mathri to munch on and couldn't stop himself from finishing half of the plate eventhough he had already had a very heavy lunch.

"Okay guys kal Sunday hai so I hope tum logo ka koi program na ho. Main soch rahi thi hum Tungareshwar trail jaate hai trekking ke liye. What say? Virar hi hai to zyada door bhi nahi hoga." Ayesha suggested.

"Sounds like a plan. Kal to waise bhi kuch bhi lined up nahi hai. We could definitely go." Rishabh said.

"Perfect! To kal ka plan done karte hai. Trekking ke baad kisi mast dhabe pe jaa ke lunch karenge. Mazza ayega." Ayesha said. She was all excited now.

"The khana part of it sounds good." Sidharth said as the others laughed.

"Sanu tu abhi humare saath hi chal. Aaj mere ghar pe hi ruk jaa taaki fir subah jaldi nikal payenge ek saath." Ayesha said.

"Haan yeh sahi rahega. Ghar chalke relax hoke koi mast movie dekhte hai. We'll order something and chill. And fir kal subah subah nikal lenge." Rishabh said.

"Soup and momos!" Ayesha and Shehnaaz screamed in unison startling Sidharth who almost dropped the mathri from his hand.

"Aadat daal de. Yeh dono aise hi chillaati hai." Rishabh said calmly earning a smack on his shoulder from Ayesha.

Shehnaaz quickly got a backpack ready with her clothes and trekking shoes. She already had her toothbrush and other essentials at Ayesha's place so she didn't need much. She went into the kitchen and pulled out a flask from one of the cabinets to carry tea for their trek. She also packed some mathri in a box and put some biscuit packets into the handbag. She finally picked up her purse and they were ready to leave.