Chapter 44

Shehnaaz was sipping on her tea and writing down a list of items she had to purchase when the doorbell rang. She quickly got up and walked towards the door, still holding the pen in her hand.

"Hey beautiful!" Sidharth said with a quick peck on her forehead as soon as he entered.

"Koi toh bahut soya aaj." Shehnaaz said. She put the pen on the table and walked into the kitchen to heat the poha and tea for Sidharth.

"Thak gaya tha kal raat. Aur fir idhar se gaya subah toh neend aate aate hi time lag gaya. Fir Sudha didi aayi tab utha." Sidharth said.

Shehnaaz placed a bowl of poha and a cup of tea on the dining table for Sidharth and continued to finish her list.

"Kya likh rahi hai?" Sidharth asked as he relished the poha.

"Grocery list. Aaj raat late hoga, fir kal grocery shopping karne ka mann nahi karega. Toh socha aaj hi nipta loon." Shehnaaz replied.

"Oh cool. Mujhe bhi kuch cheezein leni hai. I'll come along." Sidharth said.

"I wasn't going to give you an option anyway puthu." Shehnaaz said giving him an air kiss. Sidharth chuckled.

"So grocery shopping karenge and fir lunch bahar kar lenge. Cool?" Shehnaaz asked.

"Alright my love." Sidharth said in a husky voice making Shehnaaz blush.

"Tune khaya? Where's your poha?" Sidharth asked.

"Was not in a mood for poha. So had papaya. Weight loss ke liye bhi acha hai. Aur main moti ho rahi hoon." Shehnaaz said with a sad pout.

"Nahi baby. That just means there's more of you to love." Sidharth said.

"Nahi naa Sidharth. Fir main conscious hone lag padti hoon." Shehnaaz said.

"Okay, I have an idea. Dekh waise bhi thanks to Sudha didi tu mujhe jaldi utha deti hai. So let's start going for a morning jog. Mera bhi cardio ho jayega fir I'll do my weight training. What say?" Sidharth asked.

"Idea toh acha hai." Shehnaaz said.

"Toh Monday se start karein?" Sidharth asked.

"Done." Shehnaaz replied with a grin.

Soon both of them were in the supermarket. Sidharth was moving the trolley around while Shehnaaz continued to pick the stuff she had on her list and put into the trolley.

"Shehnaaz tissues ke packets extra le. Aaj raat ko bhi lagenge." Sidharth said when they reached the section that had a variety of paper napkins on display. Shehnaaz nodded as she stocked the trolley with a lot of packets including table napkins, kitchen rolls and toilet rolls.

Just then Sidharth's phone rang. It was a video call from Avni. Sidharth answered the phone with a smile.

"What's up?" Sidharth asked looking into his phone.

"Tu grocery shopping kar raha hai?" Avni asked and started laughing.

"Haan toh? Tu aayegi idhar karne?" Sidharth replied back.

"Sahi hai sahi hai. But why do I feel you're not alone. Shehnaaz hai naa saath mein? Mera bhai domesticated horaha hai." Avni teased. Sidharth scratched the back of his head while Shehnaaz's cheeks flushed.

Shehnaaz gestured him to keep shut in order to avoid the embarrassment. "Abbey paka mat yaar Avni. Ruhi kidhar hai?" Sidharth tried changing the topic.

"Classes hai uske. And the husband is working today because there's some important client meeting on Monday. So main bore horahi thi akele isliye socha tujhe pakau." Avni replied.