Chapter 8

The next day after work, Sidharth headed straight to the flat to check on the progress of the work. He had left the house keys with Shehnaaz the previous night so that the workers could begin the work even if he wasn't around. Rishabh had informed him that he would need to go out with Ayesha and hence Sidharth had decided to take an auto rickshaw to get through the traffic quickly.

Sidharth reached the flat and checked on the work. It was progressing really fast and by the way things were looking, the house would most likely be ready by Friday.

The workers were just wrapping up for the day and once they were done, he locked the flat and rang the bell to Shehnaaz's flat to handover the keys to her again.

"Hey!" Sidharth said as soon as she opened the door.

"Hii!! Andar aao na." Shehnaaz smiled and welcomed him inside.

"Woh Rishabh and Ayesha bahar gaye hai aaj. Just wanted to handover the keys to you. Workers aa jayenge wapas subah ko." Sidharth said.

"Jaanti hoon. Ayesha ne bataya mujhe. Tum baitho. Main khana lagati hoon. Ready hai." Shehnaaz said.

"No no. It's fine. Please tum takleef mat lo. Main bahar kha lunga kuch." Sidharth said.

"Sidharth please, firse formality kyun kar rahe ho? Padosi ho mere. Toh padosi dharam nibhane do mujhe." Shehnaaz giggled.

Sidharth chuckled. "Well ab tum padosi dharam beech mein laogi toh main kya bol sakta hoon." he said.

"Waise aaj khana simple sa hai. Baingan ka bharta, dal aur parathe. So pasand naa aaye toh sorry." Shehnaaz made a sorry face.

Sidharth smiled and said, "Mujhe simple khana bahut pasand hai aur tumne banaya hai toh I'm sure bahut tasty hoga."

"Tum haath muh dhoke fresh ho jao, main khana lagati hoon." Shehnaaz smiled and said as she moved to the kitchen.

"So kaam kaise chal raha hai. Set hogaya sab?" Shehnaaz asked as they started eating.

"Kaafi acha jaa raha hai. Better than I had expected." Sidharth said.

"Chalo achi baat hai. Ghar ka kaam bhi ache se progress horaha hai na?" Shehnaaz enquired.

"Haan kaafi speed se horaha hai. Friday tak sab ho jayega. I need to get the furniture shipped from Delhi taaki polish ho sake." Sidharth said.

"Oh toh tumhe Delhi jaana padega na fir?" Shehnaaz asked.

"Wohi soch raha hoon kya karu. Given the current situation, jaa bhi nahi sakunga. Shayad didi ko bol dunga to send it all. Maine sab pack karke ready rakha tha aane se pehle. So bas load karke bhejna hai. I'll see who we can hire. Car bhi laani hai. There's just so much ki samajh hi nahi aa raha." Sidharth said.

"Hojayega sab. Tension mat lo." Shehnaaz smiled.

Sidharth nodded reciprocating the smile. "Waise khana bahut acha hai." Sidharth complimented."

"Thank you." Shehnaaz smiled. She always felt so good when her cooking was appreciated.

"I'll make a move. Kaafi late hogaya hai." Sidharth said once they were done with dinner. Shehnaaz smiled.

"Kal milta hoon. Bye." Sidharth said as he headed out.

"Bye. Take care." Shehnaaz said as she waited at the door while he waited for the lift.

"Go in and lock the door. Akele rehti ho, apni safety pehle dekho." Sidharth said.

Shehnaaz smiled and nodded as she closed the door and locked it. She stood with her back facing the closed door, smiled and then sighed shaking her head. She didn't want to bother herself with any unnecessary thoughts so she went on to clean up the table to divert her mind.