Chapter 41

Sidharth was staring at his wardrobe, unable to decide what to wear for the "date", as Shehnaaz had called it. He was constantly biting his fingernails, as nervousness and excitement gripped him. He was still not sure if she had actually called it a date or if his ears were ringing. But he just wanted the day to be special. It had been days since they enjoyed a meal together and he was really looking forward to spending time with her.

Shehnaaz had a big smile on her face the entire day. She had excitedly prepared a number of dishes from the list that he had shared with her. She knew he was a sucker for home cooked food and she really wanted to pamper him. Once the food was ready, she had quickly taken a shower and taken out the dress she wanted to wear. It was a simple sleeveless maroon dress that beautifully hugged her upper body and flowed down smoothly ending a little below her knees. She had left her hair open with soft curles towards the end. Her eyes looked pretty with a lightly applied eye shadow, dark kohl and mascara. She kept the lipstick color to a nude pink. Simple hoops in her ears, a watch on her hand and she was ready.

She rushed to the main door after spraying her favorite perfume upon hearing the doorbell. Sidharth stood there in blue jeans and a black shirt that was tucked in with a couple of buttons open giving a good view of his chiseled chest. Both of them were lost looking at each other. Sidharth broke into a smile thinking that it was a date afterall, given that she had taken the pains to dress up.

"Umm andar aao naa." Shehnaaz said as she tried to calm her heart that was beating really fast. Sidharth nodded and entered the house and that's when she noticed the two bags he was carrying in his hand.

"Yeh kya hai?" Shehnaaz asked as Sidharth handed over the bags to her.

"Gifts meri jaan." Sidharth said and pulled her nose once he had handed over the bags to her.

"Mere liye?" Shehnaaz asked excitedly.

"Nahi. Sudha didi ke liye." Sidharth replied sarcastically. Shehnaaz frowned.

"Tere liye hi hai ghadhi. Aaram se baadmein dekhna. Just picked up a few things for you." Sidharth said kissing her forehead.

Shehnaaz smiled and placed the bags on on of the single sofas. "Tu baith. Main khana lagati hoon." Shehnaaz said as she walked into the kitchen.

Sidharth walked behind her. Shehnaaz was heating up a bowl of food in the microwave when she felt Sidharth standing really close to her. He pushed her hair to her left shoulder and bent over her right shoulder. Shehnaaz was startled because of his actions and her breath hitched. She was losing her mind because of the proximity. She gripped the kitchen counter to balance herself.

"You look beautiful." Sidharth whispered in her ears, his breath fanning over her neck. She felt goosebumps cover her body within seconds. Sidharth chuckled as he realized the effect he had on her. He placed his arm on her waist and turned her around pulling her closer. Shehnaaz felt like she had stopped breathing.

"A date without dance incomplete hojayegi naa?" Sidharth whispered softly into her ears again. Shehnaaz gripped his shoulders to maintain her balance. She felt like her legs would give up any moment.

"Woh... main... woh..." Shehnaaz was unable to form a sentence. Sidharth moved away feeling that she wasn't comfortable. Shehnaaz frowned when he moved away. She wanted to feel him close to herself. The proximity did make her lose her mind but she'd prefer that any day over him being away from her.

Sidharth give her a quick peck on her forehead. "Mazaak kar raha tha. Rajma garam hogaye hai. Main bahar leke jaata hoon." Sidharth said taking the bowl out from the microwave and walking towards the dining table. Shehnaaz sighed and mentally scolded herself. She had to be more confident. Losing words in front of him wouldn't help.