Chapter 14

It had been a week since they had lunch at the Wadia's. It was Saturday morning when Sudha Didi rang the bell to Sidharth's house. Sidharth opened the door to a sad looking Sudha Didi.

"Kya hua Sudha didi. Sab theek?" Sidharth asked a little worried.

"Haan haan bhaiya. Woh toh bas Shehnaaz didi ki haalat dekh ke thoda bura lag raha hai." Sudha didi said.

"Kya hua Shehnaaz ko?" asked Sidharth who was now extremely worried.

"Arre bhaiya itna mat ghabrao. Woh toh hum auraton ko har mahine hota hai. Par didi ki haalat kharaab ho jaati hai pehle din. Aga bai kya bol gayi main." Sudha didi said hitting her hand on her head.

"Sorry haan bhaiya woh mereko tension hogaya tha toh nikal gaya. Mereko idhar ki udhar karna pasand nahi hai waise par Shehnaaz didi ki fikar zyada hojaati hai bas." Sudha didi tried to explain.

Sidharth nodded realizing it was her time of the month and that she must be in extreme pain. He had seen his sister go through it and remembered how dreadful it was seeing her in that condition.

"Umm woh Sudha didi, usne kuch khaya?" Sidharth asked.

"Nahi bhaiya. Maine poocha bhi ke kya khayenge, bana deti hoon par mana kar diya. Chai bhi nahi pee." Sudha didi said.

"Hmm." Sidharth said lost in thought.

"Khana kya banau bhaiya?" Sudha didi asked.

"Kuch mat banao aaj." Sidharth said.

Once Sudha didi left, Sidharth went into the kitchen to make some tea and cheese sandwiches.

He poured the tea into two cups which he put into a tray along with the plate of sandwiches. He was glad he had stocked up on chocolates which he placed into the tray, covered it with another and moved next door.

He rang the doorbell to Shehnaaz's house. Shehnaaz managed to open the door somehow but she looked so weak and restless because of the pain.

"Hey!" Sidharth greeted her.

"Hi Sidharth. Woh sorry main woh." Shehnaaz tried to say realizing that she looked completely disheveled.

"Relax. Andar aa jau?" Sidharth said trying to put her at ease.

Shehnaaz nodded and soft smiled inviting him in.

Sidharth placed the tray on the center table.

"Yeh kya hai Sidharth?" Shehnaaz asked looking at the tray.

"Batata hoon pehle tum baitho." Sidharth pulled Shehnaaz and made her sit on the sofa. He then opened the tray and handed her a cup of tea.

Shehnaaz held the cup not understanding how to react.

"Sudha didi ne bataya how you had not eaten anything so I made some tea and sandwiches for you. Ab shaanti se chai piyo and sandwiches khao and fir chocolate bhi." Sidharth said.

"Par Sidharth tumne yeh sab..." Shehnaaz tried saying but was cut by Sidharth.

"Shhhh. Ekdum chup." Sidharth said putting his finger on her lips as they're eyes locked.

"Chup chaap chai piyo and sandwiches khao. Main abhi aaya do minute mein." Sidharth said as he went back to his place.

Shehnaaz sat there visibly stunned, not understanding how to react. She didn't expect this. She was used to being all alone, managing all of this herself. Sidharth coming in and taking care of her like this was not something she had ever imagined.

Sidharth was back in a minute with an electric heating pad. He plugged it into the switch board next to the sofa Shehnaaz was seated and switched it on and held it up for Shehnaaz.